Linux/UNIX System Administrator
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States
Requisition Number: 4168
Linux/UNIX System Administrator
Dayton, OH, USA • Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA Req #4168
Monday, September 27, 2021
All Native Group is seeking an SC Linux/UNIX System Administrator to provide system support to the United States Space Force in Dayton, Ohio.All Native Group is in an active bidding process for this position. Employment is contingent upon All Native Group being awarded the contract.
• Provide Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, and Solaris system administration support
• Provide Level III CFP backchannel support
• Provide compliance with USAF/DIA directives, including but not limited to Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alerts (ICVA).
• Maintain enterprise operating system versions as required by the IC, DoD and USAF
• NASIC server, storage and workstation infrastructure shall be sustained in compliance with CCRI criteria
• Provide documented Operational views of new installations and upgrades and comply with all NASIC governance
• Sustain remote management services and connectivity for ~13,336 fiber-connected desktops,~200 help desk tickets per month; maintain self-serve software application catalogs with ~917 titles responding to new requests within 5 business days
• Develop, support, and troubleshoot scripts for automation of IT-related tasks for all system designs. Test automation in approved test environment.
• Support and troubleshoot scripts written in Python, bash, and/or perl. Use automation tools like vRealize Automation, Ansible, puppet, and/or chef. Use software defined techniques and integration with RESTful API's. Utilize the CI/CD pipeline and Platform processes and tools to test and approve all scripts including using the approved coding repository (e.g. GtiHub, Jenkins, Subversion)
• Enterprise includes primarily CentOS, RHEL, and Solaris operating systems (OS)
• CentOS/RHEL enterprise includes 117 workstations and 458 servers across 9 separate secure networks
• Provide enterprise support to RHEL operating systems (OS) and CentOS that integrate with Oracle Solaris, Microsoft Windows, and SUSE Linux. MS Windows and RHEL are used in NASIC's workstation and server environments, using Oracle and Dell-NAS data storage
• Enterprise programs and applications to be supported are NIS, DNS (bind and InfoBlox), RedHat Satellite Server, Zenoss Enterprise Network Modeling, Oracle ZFS, VMWare, Samba, Apache, Tomcat, Oracle Web Services, eXmeritus, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, Firefox, Adobe, Matlab cluster, Symantec, Secure Messaging and Routing Terminal Server (Smart) and Smart.neXt, VMWare ESX and Consolidated Backup Server, and YUM repositories, Open Office and various programming/scripting languages including Fortran, C, C++, Perl, Java, Bourne and Korn Shell
• Provide enterprise support to include maintenance of OS versions as required by the DoD and USAF Enterprise
• Enterprise services to be supported are the NASIC enterprise message system and electronic records management
• Maintain, administer, and update Solaris/RHEL OS/CentOS, products, applications, and services; build, maintain, and administer license servers; develop change plans for modifications; and provide information assurance, server, virtualization and storage support
• Create, configure, maintain, patch, and troubleshoot virtual systems under VMware, Amazon's Top Secret Commercial Cloud Service (C2S) and Secret C2S (SC2S)
• Maintain, administer, and update third party Unix and Linux applications, approved by the NASIC/SC certificate to operate process
• Provide compliance with USAF/DIA directives, including Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNOs); Information Assurance, Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs); Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG's); and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alerts (ICVAs)
• Provide support for RHEL OS and third-party application workstation products and shall create and maintain custom ad hoc scripting and TCP/IP configuration controls, to include security and update patches. All scripting utilized in performance/support of system administrator duties will contain a purpose/function statement and be considered property of the US Government
• Maintain Domain Name Service administration and configuration integrated with Windows, Linux, and Unix operating systems (bind and/or InfoBlox)
• Provide and maintain workstation, server, JumpStart workstation and JumpStart server scripts and builds
• Support solutions for container technology, container monitoring, and micro services
• Maintain and update network information system (NIS) maps, custom Samba file and print services, and programming and scripting languages and libraries
• Maintain, update, and administer ISSE Guard and perform forensic analysis of security incidents and other malicious network events (e.g. virus)
• Participate and represent responsibilities covered in the NASIC/SC Architecture and Engineering Review Panel to include initiation of architecture changes, solution proposal, and customer requirements management
• Maintain/administer/update Unix/Linux products, applications, and services
• Provide functional utilization reports as requested
• Build/maintain/administer license servers
• Provide support for operating system and third-party application Server and Workstation products
• Install and maintain security/update patches for Linux and Solaris
• Operate and maintain configuration management tools including but not limited to Root_disk_dump, Useradd, and Qservers
• Write custom Oracle queries/reports and/or developing Perl modules to obtain additional required data from workstations/servers
• Write API Satellite Perl scripts for queries management of server and clients and API scripts to manage Red Hat Satellite server and its clients
• Develop scripts to maintain integrity of critical network services (DNS, NIS, LDAP, VAS password synchronization) between Solaris, Linux, and Windows
• Perform functionality testing before application installation and regression testing post-install and generating before-after reporting
• Develop new and maintain existing ad hoc customer-scripting supporting administrative requirements
• Develop local processes and scripts to ensure consistent updates, along with on-linked hourly/daily/monthly backups of critical source files.
• Configure, maintain, update, and monitor samba services wherever customer Windows clients need access to enterprise class Hitachi SAN and NAS storage
• Maintain both Red Hat and Custom Software channels on Red Hat Satellite servers Redhat Package Manager (RPM) repositories by downloading RPM updates to be sent to Satellite clients
• Administer Windows domain accounts and groups while keeping each integrated with Linux accounts and groups
• Ensure proper client versions are being used and configurations are kept complaint
• Provide UNIX/Linux VAS access controls to all UNIX/Linux servers and clients
• Provide complete network modeling detailing all network equipment, servers and workstations
• Ensure all SAM-QFS file systems are active and able to stage files
• Perform HSM database checks and tape library maintenance
• Provide Useradd application support
• Perform firmware upgrades
• Provide pre/post-maintenance test scriptage (qservers)
• Analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems
• Troubleshoot system performance problems and make system modifications to accommodate hardware upgrades
• Provide Solaris system and network configuration and administration
• Provide Sendmail and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) support
• Document installations, removals, and change requests using the NASIC CCR process; gather technical information in support of the CCR process to include microcode software updates, license software changes, and updates to antivirus applications; submit a government CCR documenting the change and receiving approval prior to completing the modification
• Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
• 5+ years of position relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree with diploma from an accredited educational institution; Graduate Diploma from a technical or vocational school or have acquired equivalent military training with certifications.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Baseline Certifications for IAT II are: CCNA Security, or CySA+, or GICSP, or GSEC, or Security+ CE, or CND, or SSCP.
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator or similar Linux certification
• Amazon Web Services certified Cloud Practitioner or Amazon Web Services SysOps Administrator
• Oracle Certified Professional - Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator.
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Salary
Community / Marketing Title: Linux/UNIX System Administrator
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dayton, Ohio US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage