Network Operations Center Engineer (NOC)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 4199
Network Operations Center Engineer (NOC)
Washington, DC, USA Req #4199
Monday, October 4, 2021
All Native Group is looking to fill the position Network Operations Center Engineer (NOC). The NOC Engineer will ensure smooth functioning of the network for business needs and keep downtime to a negligible level.
• Monitor the performance and capability of computer systems using diversified tools.
• Act as the focal point for all incoming tickets for voice, data and Wi-Fi and triage the tickets as best as possible before assigning to the appropriate group if needed.
• Implement call blocks when required in Telewall, EC500 in the new system, or SBC block.
• Activate ports and validate port security on the OpenNet or ClassNet side.
• Monitor third party portals (Avaya and AT&T).
• Monitor voice (EMI), Opennet, and ClassNet networks through the monitoring tools (Neuralstar, LiveNX, etc) and create tickets and assign to groups as needed.
• Watch ticket queues to meet SLA requirements set and enforced by the ticketing system.
• Determine the malfunctioning of hardware, software, and environmental alerts.
• The NOC Engineer will work triage or troubleshoot the issues, within their defined areas.
• Program phones as needed (system programmers) for all DoS work.
• Create trouble tickets with the carriers for circuit issues.
• Escalate outage information to ITOC front office and TWD government as needed.
• In response to incidents, the NOC engineer should carefully track and document all defects and resolutions in detail.
• Must be willing and able to learn and retain information.
• Must be able to work independently and in team environments.
• Good oral and written communication skills
None required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The preponderance of the work is performed in an office-type setting, with adequate lighting, heating/cooling, ventilation, and protection from the elements.
The contractor must be physically able, with reasonable and realistic accommodation where appropriate, and agreeable to conduct on-site investigation of facilities, project sites and building systems in a variety of climates, site locations, and working conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although about 10% out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
• A minimum of one (1) year relevant experience is required for this position (See, Essential Functions" and "Competencies" sections)
• CompTIA A+,
• CompTIA Network+
• CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be a U.S. citizen. Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Network Operations Center Engineer (NOC)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage