Janitor-Floor Technician Night Shift
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
Requisition Number: 4212
Janitor-Floor Technician Night Shift
Cedar Rapids, IA, USA Req #4212
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
All Native Group is seeking candidates for Evening Shift Janitor in support of Custodial Services, cleaning center-wide buildings at US Courthouse, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Duty assignments are received from the Custodial Supervisor or Management, and the incumbent is expected to work independently performing daily work assignments in accordance with established procedures. Additional guidance is achieved through training, in accordance with Company and US Courts policies and guidelines. Work is evaluated through interdepartmental inspections to ensure contract compliance, observation of work performed, the appearance and condition of the facility assigned.
- Utilize chemicals to maintain hygienic and aesthetic conditions within restrooms, sanitize commodes and restroom fixtures, replenish paper products, soap, toilet tissue and supplies; and clean water fountains.
- Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture, wood and metal work; cleans blinds; washes glass, walls, and mirrors. Floors, base moldings, and grout must be cleaned and debris removed.
- Wash walls and door glass, plate glass, and entrance glass.
- Sweep, mop, scrub and/or polish floors.
- Utilize a vacuum cleaner to vacuum carpet. Carpet spot cleaning and appropriate carpet stain extraction/cleaning as needed.
- Collects and disposes of all trash refuse; removes recycle paper, plastic and aluminum drink cans from containers; changes bags and transports to assigned disposal area.
- Utilize a vacuum, various mops, dust pan, brooms, mop bucket and wringer, buffer, auto-scrubber and other related custodial equipment to perform essential job functions.
- Communicate with personnel in assigned facilities.
- Observe maintenance and cleanliness deficiencies, and report safety concerns and malfunctions in buildings for minor maintenance repair to the Custodial Supervisor.
- Other custodial duties as needed
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
None required for this position
Work is performed primarily inside, except when policing building exterior, or tending to ice and winter concerns at the facility. Work exposes the employee to hazards associated with chemicals, minimal body fluids, and traffic hazards. Protective equipment is issued by the Company and must be utilized with common tasks, such as gloves, safety glasses and back support belt.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, methods, equipment and procedures; and how to utilize cleaning materials effectively.
- Ability to perform manual work while cleaning buildings and facilities; and lift and move heavy furniture and trash bags.
- Ability to work independently, while performing essential job functions.
A high school diploma or GED or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Follow directions well and held accountable for supplies and equipment.
- Ability to deal courteously with the customer, co-workers and supervision; and communicate by following oral and written directions.
- Work requires the ability to read and write; documenting work, and have janitorial experience.
- Must be capable of producing negative results from drug screen; and pass a security background check by Homeland Security.
- Training will be provided for this position
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a Public Trust security clearance
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Administrative and facilities Services
- Pay Type Hourly
City: Cedar Rapids
Community / Marketing Title: Janitor-Floor Technician Night Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cedar Rapids, Iowa US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage