Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 4239
Arlington, VA, USA Req #4239
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
All Native Group is looking to fill the position of Review Appraiser . The Review Appraiser will be responsible for furnishing expert technical guidance on real estate valuation matters using both in-house resources as well as through interactions with external contacts.
- Review appraisals of a broad range of properties including those with complex characteristics particular to planning, acquisition, renovation, leasing and disposition efforts on a wide range of property types overseas;
- Review appraisals of properties whose values may have significant impact on the budget of the Department and could involve intense Congressional scrutiny;
- Review and analyze complex reports for the impact of recommendations on Department and Bureau policies, goals, and objectives;
- Apply professional judgement to research, test, analyze and evaluate a variety of information;
- Plan and administer internal quality assurance techniques for appraisal actions and transactions for compliance with internal processes and procedures as well as applicable real estate procedures, policies, authorities and relevant regulations;
- Consult with and report to senior EV staff appraisers on any problems or inconsistencies found in fee appraisal reports, such as inappropriate uses of the valuation approaches and concepts, missing or irrelevant data, or questionable conclusions, and/or inform them of any other issues for necessary action, as necessary;
- Conduct market research to include overall economic conditions that impact real estate markets and values such as trends in the host country economy, the demand for real estate, urban growth patterns, sales prices, rental rates, construction costs, typical investor returns and expectations, capitalization rates, etc., taking into account the maturity, structure, and peculiarity of the local market;
- Prepare forecasts of supply and demand, property values, rents, and rates of change as required to be included in financial analyses and strategic planning studies;
- Study current market conditions to determine if existing property is being used to its highest and best use and suggest comparative studies of existing assets in relationship to other properties within the country that could equally serve the best interest of the mission;
- Conduct financial analysis, including but not limited to techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, to evaluate lease versus purchase decisions, construct/renovate versus lease or purchase decisions, and other feasibility analyses as needed;
- Assess risks and returns for each analysis, including developing acceptable internal rates of return for acquisition decisions;
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses to determine when to acquire real property through long term lease, outright purchase, or innovative, complex entrepreneurial arrangements, such as build-to-lease or public-private partnership arrangement;
- Conduct comparative studies to assess feasibility of rehabilitating existing properties to meet requirements or of disposing of and acquiring alternative properties;
- Prepares comprehensive documentation, reports and/or position papers on international property issues for use by senior management or other Department officials. May be tasked to prepare or gather materials, if needed, which may be provided to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), and/or the General Accounting Office (GAO), or in response to Congressional inquiries;
- Works with a supporting member of a team representing the U.S. government in complex international negotiations both with foreign governments and private entities;
- Participates in interactions with other professionals in the Bureau including senior management as well as a wide variety of disciplines such as architects, engineers, planners, realty specialists, project managers, etc., in order to provide appropriate financial analysis and consultation;
- Participates on multidisciplinary teams for special purposes such as asset management planning, property development and site selection.
- Mastery of a wide range of methods and processes for conducting real property valuations, including real estate appraisal principles, methods, financial analysis, and capitalization theory
- Demonstrated experience in commercial real estate appraisal of complex multi-million dollar properties
- Knowledge and experience in conducting independent real estate market research, organizing the data, drawing applicable conclusions from the data, and communicating the conclusions to others who may or may not have a real estate background
- Expertise and experience using accepted financial models for analyzing investment alternatives
- Ability to analyze problems, conceptualize innovative solutions, and articulate problems and proposals in a concise, accurate, and persuasive manner
- Knowledge of, and appreciation for cultural differences and the ability to interact and communicate tactfully and effectively with people of different cultures
- Overall working knowledge of the various disciplines involved in the real estate profession such as developers, planners, brokers, lawyers, investors, lenders, architects and engineers, and overall understanding of the contributions of each, and the ability to interact effectively with these and other professionals
- Clear, concise writing ability for both detailed technical presentation and for summary to executive readers, in writing, by informal presentation, and by formal presentation supported by appropriate graphic aids
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- Five to nine years of applicable experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Professional Designation: Designation as an MAI by the Appraisal Institute is preferred, but not required, for this position. MAI is a professional designation for real estate appraisers who are experienced in the valuation and evaluation of commercial, industrial, residential, and other types of properties, and who advise clients on real estate investments decisions
Must be a U.S. citizen and possess a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Administrative and facilities Services
- Pay Type Salary
Community / Marketing Title: Review Appraiser
Location_formattedLocationLong: Arlington, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage