Registrar Program Specialist
Requisition Number: 4244
Registrar Program Specialist
700 Kemper Ave, Blackstone, VA 23824, USA Req #4244
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Ho-Chunk Inc. Management Services (HCIMS) is seeking a full-time Registrar Program Specialist. The Registrar Program Specialist is responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative duties including data entry in the Department of State (DOS) official Student Training Management System (STMS) database under the guidance of the Registrar for the Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC).
- Establishes and manages office procedures as established by the Registrar and FASTC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Manages and maintains the office filing system to include retiring course files according to the DOS Disposition Schedule;
- Monitors the DSRegistrar mailbox: responds to student inquiries;
- Works closely with FSI in support of the FASTC courses in STMS;
- Employs applicable DOS security standards and procedures;
- Coordinates administrative matters as appropriate between Registrar's office, other administrative sections (budget, facilities support, travel), and programs;
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of all FASTC courses as they relate to the Registrar's office;
- Drafts routine e-mails to staff and students;
- Develops thorough understanding of the DOS's official Student Training Management System (STMS) to include data entry and running management reports;
- Based on a thorough familiarity with the objectives of the Training Center and the Bureau works with the Registrar in coordinating student registrations for specific courses offered at FASTC;
- Acts independently to anticipate scheduling problems, develop solutions and apply solutions successfully without frequent reference to the Registrar. Uses mature judgment and common sense in the negotiation of scheduling conflicts, resolutions and other disputes related to FASTC training enrollments;
- Builds courses in STMS from scratch to include entering the course in Catalog, Course Reference, and Section. This includes the yearly update of all course descriptions and data entry of new fiscal year course dates;
- Responsible for the daily registration of students in FASTC courses and maintenance of appropriate records on student enrollment and certification of courses completed. Registration is done using an online registration program or paper enrollment forms;
- Responsible for explaining requirements and scheduling of courses through correspondence to DOS and other government agency training officers and personnel from overseas posts to include processing tuition payments through FASTC's budget office. Ensures that third party contractors have their appropriate Contracting Officer approval before enrollment;
- Assists with reports concerning statistical information. Reports include but are not limited to number of students trained, variety of students trained, how many courses, etc. Continually updates the student database and is relied upon to consolidate a variety of information within database limitations. Prepares recurring reports and as requested;
- Meets with students if the need arises to rectify and solve enrollment issues when the student arrives at FASTC. This includes, but is not limited to, obtaining information from the student, identifying the overt and underlying problem, providing training information and/or directing the student to the appropriate resource if necessary;
- Ensures that course rosters are returned, students 'completed' in the database and certificates issued to course managers in a timely manner;
- Inputs FASTC courses and student data into the Training Management System;
- Responds to student inquiries regarding information on Employee Profiles;
- Instructs newly-hired course coordinators on STMS Online application;
- Acts independently to schedule all FASTC courses into the FASTC Room Reservation Schedule at the beginning of each fiscal year. Continues to work with course managers and coordinators throughout the year as room requirements change;
- Employee will require some supervision and has a growing opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work.
• Strong communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Adept in technology
• Time management skills
• Detail oriented
• Anticipates needs
None required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
No travel required for this position.
• A minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible experience working in an office environment
• High school diploma desired ; an Associate's Degree is preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- • Basic knowledge of and experience with administrative or office management functions;
- • Must be highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- • Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment;
- • Must possess interpersonal skills as applied to the interaction with management personnel, course managers and coordinators, other administrative personnel to assist, identify and resolve issues;
- • Must be customer service-oriented;
- • Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy work environment;
- • Must possess proficiency in SharePoint and MS Office Suites software with strong Excel and processing skills;
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearanc e.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Program Management and Operations (non-tech)
- Pay Type Salary
City: 700 Kemper Ave
Community / Marketing Title: Registrar Program Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: 700 Kemper Ave, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage