Program Specialist (FACT)
Requisition Number: 4243
Program Specialist (FACT)
700 Kemper Ave, Blackstone, VA 23824, USA Req #4243
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Ho-Chunk Inc. Management Services (HCIMS) is seeking a full-time Program Specialist.The Program Specialist will coordinate all administrative and program support for the assigned training program, including classrooms and course materials, travel arrangements, training and support staff, equipment, materials and supplies, and other support requirements to ensure successful delivery of the assigned training program.This position will support the Foreign Affairs Counter Threat (FACT) Program, and is based at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA.
• Supports instruction delivery, classroom preparation, course handouts, and orientation/graduation ceremonies for the assigned training program;
• Ensures completion of administrative requirements including: travel orders and arrangements; lodging; scheduling of facilities and instructors; and preparation of equipment/materials;
• Supports coordination activities and correspondence involving Program Managers, Registrar/staff, instructors, students and other training program stakeholders;
• Assists Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and curriculum development staff in the creation and update of lesson plans, instructor guides, student guides, practical exercises, and other course materials in accordance with Diplomatic Security Training Center (DSTC) standard operating procedures and Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA) standards;
• Supports budget and finance personnel on annual course budget preparation to include funding for student travel and per diem;
• Ensures the efficient use of assigned resources;
• Assists in database and record management and report preparation, as directed;
• Ensures student records, class evaluations/surveys and other class administration documents are collected, maintained, and submitted according to standard operating procedures;
• Resolves technical and administrative problems that occur before and during training delivery;
• Performs tasks associated with ordering, receiving, unpacking, storing, assembling and issuing supplies, materials and equipment;
• Supports vehicle scheduling in preparation for and during training exercises, graduation ceremonies, and at other times when official transportation is needed;
• Coordinates vehicle preparation (fuel, oil, tires, cleaning) and usage with the fleet management office;
• Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks;
• Picks up and delivers official mail and special delivery items;
• Escorts un-cleared personnel when necessary;
• Assists in class coordination, administrative duties, and practical exercises for other courses as needed within the Program Office;
• Employs applicable Department of State security standards and procedures to protect National Security information;
• Travels as necessary to other U.S. and foreign training sites, though it is not expected that such travel will exceed 25% of total work time;
• Performs other related duties as assigned;
• Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work.
• Strong communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Adept in technology
• Time management skills
• Detail oriented
• Anticipates needs
None required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours maybe required as needed.
Travel as necessary to other U.S. and foreign training sites, though it is not expected that such travel will exceed 25% of total work time .
• Three (3) years of relevant administrative experience .
• High school diploma; an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is preferred together
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
• Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment;
• Basic knowledge of and experience with administrative and program management functions;
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite and/or other general office applications;
• Working knowledge of military, law enforcement, and/or Government security operations preferred;
• Working knowledge of training course administration/logistics preferred;
• Program management experience in a training and/or educational environment preferred;
• Knowledge of training and instructional methodologies related to adult learning a plus;
• Knowledge of supply and logistics record keeping/management (supply/logistics forms, supplies, materials inventory, and status report preparation) a plus;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Must hold a valid driver's license and be willing and able to drive official U.S. Government vehicles up to and including 16 passenger vans.
Must possess a SECRET security clearanc e.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Program Management and Operations (non-tech)
- Pay Type Salary
City: 700 Kemper Ave
Community / Marketing Title: Program Specialist (FACT)
Location_formattedLocationLong: 700 Kemper Ave, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage