IT/Cyber Security Division Director
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Requisition Number: 4286
IT/Cyber Security Division Director
Fairfax, VA, USA Req #4286
Tuesday, December 14, 2021
All Native Group is looking to fill the position of IT/Cyber Security Division Director. Reporting to the General Manager, the Director has responsibilities that require strategic thinking and planning for the long-term success of All Native Group (ANG). The Directorplans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of all contracts within the Information Technology and Telecommunications Business Line. Responsible for the overall Profit and Loss (P&L) performance of that business line. Directs the overall operations and day to day business activities of the direct support staff. Ensures the highest levels of business practices are in place and continuously monitors and upgrades controls and business systems. Sets goals, monitors work, and evaluates results to ensure that organizational objectives and operating requirements meet the mission requirements. This individual is responsible for the strategic vision of the business line.
The Director is responsible for managing the successful delivery of operations across multiple functional areas, including finance, human resources, project delivery, administration and contracts, capture, proposals, business development and customer engagement. The position will be based in northern Virginia.
- Business/Contracts Growth:
- Manage contracting growth efforts and procedures across several markets (e.g., Federal, commercial, state, and local). Attend to the details of how contracts work, the differences between different types of contracts (T&M, FFP etc.), and how profit is earned as part of each contract.
- Business Development and Capture:
- Develop new business by following BD and capture processes and procedures. Assist with proposal information as needed. Duties will involve full life cycle business including growth and development: building relationships with key decision makers, business development, capture strategy, proposal writing and coordination with the operations and business development team during and after contract award.
- Reviews and approves the control of planned outputs, project budget spending, labor efficiency, customer service, and order entry efficiency, along with human utilization
- Directly supervises Program Managers, other support staff, and is responsible for achieving overall customer satisfaction
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans with direct input from the General Manager
- Presents weekly and monthly Operational subsidiary reports on performance to the General Manager
- Defines operational objectives and develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates
- Reviews and approves cost control reports, cost estimates, and manpower and facilities requirements forecast
- Develops and reviews department and division budgets throughout primary customer areas of responsibility. Coordinates approval of budgets with the General Manager
- Reviews and approves major operations projects involving major changes within the division's functional areas
- Develops plans for new areas of technology insertion in operational functions along with enough planning for areas that support the mission of the subsidiary company
- Reviews and approves the implementation of organizational plans
- Issues specific annual objectives to immediate subordinates and reviews objectives of the Program Managers
- Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility
- Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress
- Coordinates activities of assigned departments with those of other division units. Seeks agreement on problems involving coordination
- Excellent public presentation and interaction skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Conflict Management skills to resolves challenges in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
- Critical thinking-using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches to problems.
- Stability-the tendency to handle stress, maintain an even temperament and demonstrate confidence across most situations while ensuring transparency.
This position oversees the day-to-day activities of the program.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- Experience with federal government agencies.
- Well-developed management skills, both in principles and people with at least 10 years of progressive leadership experience leading teams
- Proven experience managing large contracts of over $100M or entire business line of operations
- MUST HAVE a strong experience in Business Development
- MUST HAVE a strong experience in Operation Management
- Experience in the field of Federal Contracts Management and related business line markets.
MBA or master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
PMP Certification is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualification
Technical knowledge of information technology, telecommunications, and cyber security.
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
"Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pending final decisions on the Executive Order 14043, this position may require full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location."
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 20
- Required Education Master's Degree
Community / Marketing Title: IT/Cyber Security Division Director
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairfax, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage