Network/WIFI Engineer Senior
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 4389
Network/WIFI Engineer Senior
Washington, DC, USA Req #4389
Tuesday, December 21, 2021
All Native Group (ANG) is seeking a well-qualified Enterprise Wireless Network Engineer with experience in Cisco Software Defined Networking (SDN) to support a Wireless to support a Wireless Implementation and Support contract in Washington DC.
The Wireless Network Engineer is expected to be a business professional with experience in Cisco WLAN technology platforms. The engineer will work under the direction of the Sr. WiFi team Lead to design and support network strategies to meet project needs. The candidate will implement, optimize, and maintain the network to include support, installation, configuration, documentation, and management. The candidate will provide full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment. Perform on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of network components. Provide top level (tier3) technical support to customers and all service-related problems. Must be a great team player with positive attitude, have very good Visio documentation skills, possess exceptionally high customer service skills, and a commitment to excellent customer support.
• Assist in managing a Cisco Enterprise Wireless Network infrastructure using Cisco DNA, Identity Services Engine (ISE), Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC), Hyperflex Host, Virtual Servers, Firewall Threat Defense and Firewall Management Center
• Implementation of Patches, Upgrades and Security Compliance Standards on all network devices.
• Operate and Maintain a Cisco Software Defined Access Solution.
• Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
• Assist/lead the creation of technical manuals, operating procedures and other support documentation
• Provide Tier 3 technical support and troubleshooting for client/user support
• Perform server and virtual network administration duties to maintain operations
• Assist with site surveys, collecting requirements, and planning wireless deployments
• Participate in occasional travel as required for installations and support.
• Participate in special projects as required
• Experience with building out network, design/documentation
Required Skills / Experience:
• Must be available for occasional travel.
• Knowledge of Cisco devices such as Identity Service Engine (ISE), CMX, Prime, DNA, and SD Access
• Deep understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, and security, including IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN standards and industry best practices
• Experience testing wireless products including access points, controllers and other WLAN infrastructure and client devices for evaluation
• Extensive knowledge of security protocols and authentication (Wi-Fi Protected Access [WPA2], Extensible Authentication Protocol-Transport Layer Security [EAP-TLS], 802.1x, Authentication, Authorization, Accounting [AAA]) and hands-on experience with Remote Authentication Dial-in User Server/Services (RADIUS) infrastructure (ISE) and Multi-Factor Authentication.
• Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and site-survey tools including Ekahau Site Survey
• Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across multiple teams
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
The preponderance of the work is performed in an office-type setting, with adequate lighting, heating/cooling, ventilation, and protection from the elements.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00
a.m. to 4p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although about 10% out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
• 7-12 years
High School diploma or equivalent work experience directly within
functional area preferred. Military electronic specialization schools, or trade school certification will also be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional - Wireless (CCNP-W) preferred.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pending final decision for Executive Order 14043, this position may require full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Salary
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Network/WIFI Engineer Senior
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage