Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Requisition Number: 4407
Huntsville, AL, USA Req #4407
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
All Native Group is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Janitor in support of Custodial Services, cleaning center-wide buildings at Marshall Space Flight Center.Duty assignments are received from the Custodial Supervisor or Management, and the incumbent is expected to work independently performing daily work assignments in accordance with established procedures.Additional guidance is achieved through training, in accordance with Company and NASA/MSFC policies and guidelines.Work is evaluated through interdepartmental inspections to ensure contract compliance, observation of work performed, the appearance and condition of the facility assigned.
- Utilize chemicals to maintain hygienic and aesthetic conditions within restrooms, sanitize commodes and restroom fixtures, replenish paper products, soap, toilet tissue and supplies; and clean water fountains.
- Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture, wood and metal work; cleans blinds; washes glass, walls, and mirrors.
- Wash walls and door glass, and entrance glass.
- Utilize 6-foot ladder to re-bulb fluorescent light fixtures.
- Sweep, mop, scrub and/or polish floors.
- Utilize a vacuum cleaner to vacuum carpet.
- Collects and disposes of all trash refuse; removes recycle paper, plastic and aluminum drink cans from containers; changes bags and transports to assigned disposal area.
- Police exterior of the building, within 5 feet, to remove debris and cigarette butts; empty cigarette butt containers.
- Utilize a company truck, vacuum, various mops, dustpan, brooms, mop bucket and wringer, buffer, cart and other related custodial equipment to perform essential job functions.
- Communicate with personnel in assigned facilities.
- Observe maintenance and cleanliness deficiencies, and report safety concerns and malfunctions in buildings for minor maintenance repair to the Custodial Office.
- Order cleaning supplies and paper products; restock inventory supplies in janitor closet. Practice energy conservation, utilizing supplies wisely and turning off lights in vacant rooms.
- May have to drive a company vehicle, which requires possession of a valid state driver's license Cleans and keeps in an orderly condition buildings, facilities, and trailers.
- If assigned to the Stripping Crew, responsible for removing chairs, boxes, coat racks, etc. from floors to accomplish stripping and refinishing tile. Must be capable of handling a buffer and be able to empty full wet/dry vacuum.
- Other duties as needed
- Must be capable of producing negative results from drug screen; and pass a security background check by Homeland Security.
- A high school diploma or GED is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities.
- A valid Alabama driver's license, proof of vehicle registration and current insurance is required to access the base.
- Follow directions well and held accountable for supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials, methods, equipment and procedures; and how to utilize cleaning materials effectively.
- Ability to perform manual work while cleaning buildings and facilities; and lift and move heavy furniture and trash bags.
- Ability to work independently, while performing essential job functions.
- Ability to deal courteously with the customer, co-workers and supervision; and communicate by following oral and written directions.
- Work requires the ability to read and write; with some janitorial experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Clean Room gear will be worn from the head down, that is:gloves, hat, mask, smocks and booties.(Surgical masks to cover facial hair).No cosmetics shall be allowed.(Fingernail polish, makeup, hair spray, aerosol deodorant, or hand lotion).
- Work is performed primarily inside, except when taking out refuse, policing building exterior, or driving to other facilities.
- Work exposes the employee to hazards associated with chemicals, minimal body fluids, and traffic hazards.
- Protective equipment is issued by the Company and must be utilized with common tasks, such as gloves, safety glasses and back support belt.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word.Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
- Experience as a custodian in a commercial or institutional setting preferred
- High School or GED
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a Public Trust security clearance
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Administrative and facilities Services
- Pay Type Hourly
Community / Marketing Title: Janitor-Day Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage