Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 4406
Washington, DC, USA Req #4406
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
All Native Group is seeking a Nurse Consultant to support the UD State department in Washington, DC. The Nurse Consultant reviews the medical clearance examination or medical clearance update submissions to determine the medical diagnosis and needs of the individual. This includes the review of all medical reports and diagnostic reports. Returning accurate and timely clearancereview and adjudication is the primary goal for all of the clinical staff in Medical Clearances. Duties routinely require decision making to ensure the medical history, records and current health profile of an individual meet the parameters established in Department policy and regulations. The function requires extensive communications, many sensitive, with individual
government employees, dependents, other government agencies, and medical consultants.
- Use ISO 9000 Medical Clearance Guidelines; efficiently, consistently and appropriately determine a medical clearance of approximately 2,000 individuals per year, including employees assigned to war zones.
- Reviews medical information submitted by the client or medical provider for an initial medical clearance, or to update an existing medical clearance. Consistent clearance determinations will be issued in a timely manner after assignment to the NC.
- Issue Post approvals for individuals with a Post-Specific (Class 2) clearance. The Medical Clearance NC will evaluate the ongoing medical needs of an individual based on recent reports from their physician. The bid list is reviewed and determination made of the posts to which the individual can be assigned.
- Adjudicate Medical Clearances-Per ISO 3360 Nurse Consultant Competency standards, the NC applies the principles of the nursing process to independently evaluate all medical information submitted to Medical Clearances for a clearance determination (initial review of clearance and update). Medical information may include but is not limited to past history, laboratory reports, physical examination, medical reports, cables or emails and specialty consults.
- Adjudicate all clearances of those with the last name beginning with the letter of the alphabet assigned.
- Determine a medical clearance based upon assessment of submitted information, knowledge of existing MIMED ISO standard operating procedures, and pre-established medical clearance guidelines for specific medical diagnoses. After accepting the case file for review, the NC has 7 working days to make contact with the client or if enough information is available, complete the clearance decision (ISO 3301).
- Clearly and effectively communicates verbally and in writing the requirements needed to complete the medical clearance process with the client. The nurse reviews and responds in a professional manner to emails, cables, faxes, and phone calls from clients and health care providers. The NC updates the eMED problem list, inputs concise progress notes, and clearly delineates ISO guidelines rationale for all Class 2 clearance decisions.
- Clearly and effectively communicating verbally and in writing the requirements needed. The NC clearly and effectively communicates verbally and in writing the requirements needed to complete the medical clearance process with the client. The nurse reviews and responds in a professional manner to emails, cables, faxes, and phone calls from clients and health care providers. The NC updates the eMED problem list, inputs concise progress notes, and clearly delineates ISO guidelines rationale for all Class 2 clearance decisions.
- Determine Post Approvals for Class 2 Clearances--Per the Nurse Consultant Competency Standards (ISO 3360) the Nurse Consultant (NC) applies the nursing process to match individual client's needs for ongoing care with available overseas medical resources. These resources include the use of the MCI Post Approval Tool, Cent Com Mod 12 guidelines for Afghanistan, communications with Foreign Service Medical Providers and Regional Medical Officers, vetted expert consultants in country, and the patient's medical providers. The post approval process is required prior to post assignment and is to be completed within 3 working days (ISO 3302) after receipt of all required information from the patient, consultant or overseas medical officer. Upon accepting a post approval request from the client's Career Development Officer (or Human Resources equivalent) the NC enters a process note detailing the requirements needed to complete the post approval process. Upon completion of the review the NC adds a post approval process note detailing which posts are approved and which posts are not approved. These process notes recur with each Post Approval request.
Per ISO 3360 Nurse Consultant Competency standards, the NC participates in internal reviews of performance standards, internal process committees and regular staff meetings. The NC demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Medical Clearance Guidelines found in the ISO Medical Clearance Index under Clearances and/or Medical Clearances Index (MCI) Guidelines. These include:
- Following guidelines for accurate and consistent clearance adjudications Understanding ISO standards for quality service delivery of our product (clearance adjudications and post approval reviews)
- Reviewing customer satisfaction measurements regarding our product a high quality of work while issuing medical clearances and determining post approvals by thorough and consistent performance of duties.
- Offer excellent customer service by listening attentively to clients' concerns/requests and rending appropriate responses/services in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide training/orientation to new employees.
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word.Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected
- The candidate must have a minimum of three years of current clinical experience in occupational health nursing/hospital nursing or public health nursing.
- Previous experience working in overseas health units is desirable.
- The candidate must be computer literate and have the ability to work with electronica medical records.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school/college
Must have an unrestricted current Registered Nurse license to practice nursing from any of the 50 states or the District of Columbia
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
A Secret clearance is required top secret preferred
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Medical Careers
- Pay Type Salary
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Nurse Consultant
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage