Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor II
Location: Springfield, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 4413
Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor II
Springfield, VA, USA Req #4413
Friday, January 7, 2022
All Native Group is seeking aSecurity Engineering-IT Specialist Instructorfor IP Based High-Definition Video Surveillance Systems. Instructors are expected to have demonstrated experience in curriculum design, maintenance and delivery as well as general experience regarding the installation, programming, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical systems, electronic systems, IoT devices, IP-CCTV, computer network equipment, installation of infrastructure, copper power, communication and signal wiring, coaxial cable and fiber optics and associated equipment. This position will support the Department's High-Definition Secure Video Surveillance program.
- Presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings to audiences on the following technical security topics:
- Security Systems Standards Review and Inspection
- Electrical Systems including Power Regulators and Uninterruptable Power Supplies
- Pedestrian and Vehicle Screening Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Access Denial Systems
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Public Address and Announcing Systems
- Closed Circuit TV Security Systems
- IP Based Video Surveillance Systems
- Security Management Systems
- Physical Security Systems
- Electric and Hydraulically Operated Vehicle Arrest Systems
- Operation of GSA Approved Security Containers and DS Approved Locking Devices
- Delivers training using established syllabi/curriculum/ lesson plans, presentation media, administrative/self-study guides, and trainee reference manuals, systems and procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares classrooms, equipment and student materials for course delivery.
- Sets up and operates audio-visual equipment required in support of curriculum delivery.
- Ensures that course records are maintained at the conclusion of each course in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Employs applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect national security information.
- Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Travels to CONUS and OCONUS training sites (less than 10% travel per year).
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain advanced technical concepts to trainees with various degrees of technical knowledge and ability such as: end users/operators, Site Security Managers.
- Must show initiative accomplishing daily tasks.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
None required for this position
This job operates in three different environments; a professional office environment which routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines; a professional classroom environment which routinely uses audio visual equipment and computers; a professional technical laboratory environment which routinely uses a variety of electronic technician tools and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- When in the classroom and lab environments, must be able to remain standing for 40% of the time.
- Frequently moves about the classroom and lab areas evaluating students.
- When in the office environment, must be able to remain in a stationary position for 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and ar ms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need .
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected for instructor certification and proficiency training. Travels to CONUS and OCONUS training sites (less than 10% travel per year).
- Four years of experience working with one or more of the technical security systems deployed overseas by the Department of State.
- Two or more (2+) years' experience with the Department of State Diplomatic Security or instruction in 40% or more of the technical security systems deployed overseas by the Department of State.
- Experience in public speaking and giving briefings or instruction to groups of ten or more people.
- Experience working with the Department of State.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Two years of formal education toward a degree from an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Subject matter expertise in a minimum of 40% of the technical security systems deployed overseas by the Department of State.
- A working knowledge of various National Codes such as the National Electric Code and OSHA safety regulations.
- Ability to explain advanced technical concepts to trainees with various degrees of technical knowledge and ability such as: end users/operators, Site Security Managers.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be willing and able to drive an official U.S. government van/sedan.
- Preferred certifications: Softwarehouse CCURE 9000, Identiv Access Control Systems Administrator and Hardware, BCSI Installer 1 and/or 2, FLETC Instructor Development
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pending final decisions on the Executive Order 14043, this position may require full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Client Technical Support & Training
- Pay Type Salary
Community / Marketing Title: Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor II
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springfield, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage