Collaboration Tools and Development Processes Trainer
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 4430
Collaboration Tools and Development Processes Trainer
Arlington, VA, USA Req #4430
Thursday, January 13, 2022
All Native Group is seeking a Collaboration Tools and Development Processes Trainer. The position provides stand-up classroom and virtual training in modern business tools and development processes to a diverse cross-section of Department of State employees (Foreign Service, Civil Service, and Locally Employed Staff) working across a wide range of functional duties within the Department).
• Qualified instructors will have a strong foundation in modern office communication tools, collaboration tools, business automation tools, and in business management approaches to problem-solving and solution development. Technology tools include, but are not limited to:
o Office 365, including both the core applications and the newer O365 applications
o Google G Suite, including Google Meet
o Corporate web conferencing tools such as WebEx and Zoom.
o Solution management approaches and frameworks include, but are not limited to:
Agile development methodologies.
The candidateis expected to be comfortable teaching lecture-style, demonstration-based technology courses and facilitating student-centered, discussion-based classes and activities with adult learners. Core competencies include:
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment.
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Teaching, testing, development, and program management take place based on the needs of FSI, Monday through Friday, 0615-1745 EST. A 45-minute lunch break is required for all contractors working five hours or more during the workday. The 45-minute lunch break must be taken between the hours of 1030 and 1400.
A contractor authorized to work virtually from outside of the greater Washington D.C. area must be approved by the COR/ACOR.
The Department of State's workweek is Sunday through Saturday. At the Task Order level identified with in the SOW, on occasion training may be delivered remotely during the business hours of the locality where the students are located. The regional schedule work shall only apply for the duration of the training, after which the employee would revert to the regularly assigned schedule. Examples of potential regional schedules are listed below:
• WHA 13:00-20:00 UTC (9am-4pm EST)
• EUR/AF 8:00-15:00 UTC (4am-11am EST)
• NEA 5:00-12:00 UTC (1am-8am EST)
• SCA 3:00-10:00 UTC (11pm-6am EST) *
• EAP 1:00-8:00 UTC (9pm-4am EST)
The regional schedules listed above are examples and remain subject to change as determined by program requirements and as directed.
Travel (Currently 100% Telework do to COVID Health Protocols)
Domestic travel may be required for approximately 5% of the year.
International travel may be required for approximately 5% of the year.
• 2+ years of experience facilitating discussion-based and group project-based training.
• 1+ years of experience training adult learners in business productivity tools.
• 1+ years of experience providing instruction through web conferencing tools.
• Experience learning new tools quickly and rapidly developing new curriculum to meet emerging need
• 1+ years of experience training adult learners in technology tools such as (but not limited to):
• Microsoft Teams
• Google Meet
• Zoom for Government
• O365 Cloud applications such as: OneDrive, Stream, Power Automate, Power Apps, and Planner
• Training adult learners in problem-solving approaches and development frameworks such as (but not limited to):
• Design Thinking
• Agile (including Scrum)
• Knowledge management principles
• Certifications or completed coursework in:
• Design Thinking or User-Centered Design
• Agile methodologies
• Minimum of an Master Degree in cyber security, computer science, information systems, or a related technical field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite Skills.
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pending final decisions on the Executive Order 14043, this position may require full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
- Job Family Client Technical Support & Training
- Pay Type Salary
Community / Marketing Title: Collaboration Tools and Development Processes Trainer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Arlington, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage