Access Control Specialist
Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Requisition Number: 4820
Access Control Specialist
Huntsville, AL, USA Req #4820
Friday, May 13, 2022
As the All Native Group Director of Security, you will be responsible for protecting classified information, and reporting any violations of national laws and regulations, to ensure the effective implementation of security requirements and procedures. Responsible for all aspects of field and facility security, collaboration with management and government representatives to provide timely, appropriate and efficient security support. Oversight of Company's national security compliance programs and the protection of people, property, and information. Interfaces with representatives from DoD and other government agencies to schedule inspections, investigate incidents, and handle other issues that come up on occasion. Manages the control of classified documents, facility access controls, visitor controls, COMSEC, and security education and awareness. Prepares assessments involving possible security violations and initiates measures to correct security deficiencies. Ensures all facets of security meet government requirements and Company policy. Develops and maintains comprehensive security Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) outlining security policies and guidance. Develops and maintains comprehensive Emergency Actions Plans to establish procedures and outline responsibilities of assigned personnel for safeguarding classified information during an emergency situation. Performs and documents annual security self-inspections, and represents the Company during formal reviews or inspections.
- Ensures that the Ho-chunk: entities' Industrial Security program follows the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DOD Directives, Instructions and Regulations and Corporate security policies;
- At least annually, provide an internal review of other security policies to ensure corporate consistency and integration with the corporation's ethics philosophies.
- Responsible for all required annual Facility Inspections and conducts periodic facility inspections to look for security vulnerabilities.
- Ensures that training packages are delivered to all cleared personnel and assures that each cleared person acknowledges completion of the training with a signed Acknowledgement sheet, which is filed in each individual's security folder.
- Develops and provides security briefings to new employees and to cleared employee before they are given access to classified information
- Responsible for the accurate and efficient submission of any required facility clearance requests and ensures that our cleared personnel records are accurate and up to date ....
- Processes all background screenings for new employees (new hires and JPAS reviews) while maintaining strict confidentiality of information.
- Reports any possible espionage, sabotage, or subversive activities at any of the facilities in written form to the NSA/DSA.
- Reviews personnel records in the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS);
- Reports any adverse information concerning any facility's cleared employees to management and the Defense Security Services (DSS).
- Develop and maintain confidential procedures, for the handling and processing of complaints and allegations. Provide processes, for the confidential hearing of employee issues related to security. •
- Oversees fact finding/investigations pursuant to all complaints and negations of security violations. Prepares written investigative reports as necessary.
- In conjunction with legal counsel, conduct annual corporate governance audits to determine the state of the corporation and present finding to superiors. Corporate audits will include risk assessment and mitigation plans.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge arid understanding of corporate governance requirements, compliance and reporting responsibilities and related legal benchmarks from federal and state law. •
- Reviews contracts and creates compliance records/audits for security regulations found in those contracts.
- Creates plans, and executes security tests/checks/drills
- Maintains strict confidentiality in regards to sensitive information
- Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Selects and hires candidates for positions within department, conducts performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned staff.
- Responsible for the development of departmental policies.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Business Acumen
- Strategic thinking/planning
- Drive culture/commitment to culture
- Customer Focus
- Financial Management
- Employee Empowerment
- Results/Data Driven
- Executive Presence
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Strategic Partnerships
- Change Management
- Creating Engagement
This position manages all employees of the Security department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
- Sixteen or more years of experience working within government contracting and/or management, including at least 6 years in a management capacity. Fourteen years acceptable with a Master's degree.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Understanding of U.S. Government security regulations and government contract law.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, criminal justice, law enforcement, security or a closely related field preferred
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and written. Ability to communicate effectively in both crisis and non-crisis situations.
Compensation and Benefits
The expected compensation range for this position is $143,000.00 to $155,000.00 per year. We offer comprehensive benefits that allow you to balance work and life. A benefits summary is available from this link: https://jobs.allnativegroup.com/categories/1/benefits/1/employee-benefits
Current active DOD Top Secret Security Clearance
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position may require full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location pending final decisions on the Executive Order.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Administrative and facilities Services
- Pay Type Hourly
Community / Marketing Title: Access Control Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage