Senior Capture Manager
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Requisition Number: 2022-5913
All Native Group is currently seeking to hire the right performing and proactive candidate for a Capture Manager position in Fairfax, VA. The role reports to the Executive Director of Business Development and supports Business Development and Capture efforts.
- Primary duties consist of driving DOD opportunities from capture decision to contract award, managing bid strategies and overseeing the development of the technical, management and cost strategies and associated proposal volumes.
- Identifies the need or benefits of teaming partners and the associated oversight of required agreements, developing teaming strategy, negotiating teaming agreements and fostering relationships with federal teammates and government stakeholders
- Lead DOD capture efforts: initiating agency/customer contact; qualified opportunity identification and analysis; gathering competitive intelligence; and providing for gap analysis
- Responsible for determining the most likely requirements to successfully win an opportunity to include development and articulation of the solutions required, win strategies, themes and discriminators. Individual must be able to clearly communicate these to executives and the and other team members
- Experience identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and leading the capture process to include customer contact, competitive intelligence, gap analysis and bid team structuring; development of the win strategy; price-to-win and proposal development
- Identifies leads and new business opportunities - leveraging past relationships/accounts
- Provides Capture Strategy, Pricing, and team oversight for DOD opportunities
- Responsible for identifying, shaping, and capturing (winning) DOD service opportunities within assigned DOD agencies or accounts
- Formulate compliant, responsive, and solution focused proposals
- Develops a strong understanding of both customer issues and ANG capabilities to align services to customer needs and skilled at mapping solutions to customer needs and requirements
- Conducts opportunity and information searches for opportunities using tools such as FPDS, GovWin, Customer Forecasts, and other sources of information
- Develops strategies and responses to Request for Information (RFI)
- Prepares and presents capability statements and other new business information presentations
- Other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of management methods, analytical, problem solving, and organizational abilities
- Knowledge of sound business practices and be able to portray excellent leadership capabilities
- Must possess excellent communication ad interpersonal skills
- He/she must be able to work and deliver within limited time range or frame
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- 7-10 years of direct business development/capture experience focused on DOD
- Proven capability to act as a Capture Manager for various pursuits ranging from $20M to $500M or higher
- Effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills coupled with the ability to establish and maintain productive customer and industry participant networks are essential
- Experience using a CRM system is preferred
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize multiple on-going projects
- Solid understanding of Shipley proposal methodology
- A strong understanding of DOD procurement lifecycle, Requests for Proposals/Information/Quote, Sources Sought, unsolicited proposal responses and capability statement development
- Working knowledge of DOD procurement processes and DOD Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARs)
- In-depth knowledge of military / federal acquisition models, practices and techniques
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, complex, and deadline-oriented environment
- Collaborative style of engagement with the ability and demeanor to work closely with others
- Polished presentation skills
- Experience using MS Office tools, SharePoint and CRM tools, as well as the ability to generate reports, presentations, metrics and other data necessary to support bid decisions
- BS/BA preferred
- Certified Capture Manager (CCM™) Certification a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Practical knowledge of Project Management
- Prior military service a plus but not essential background
- Ability to multitask and attentive to Detail
- A track record of at least two (2) wins per year
- Dedication to positive client/customer service outcomes
- Goal oriented and highly self-motivated
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status,
or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Capture Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairfax, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage