Subject Matter Expert
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 2022-6030
The Subject Matter Expert provides expert level support to U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) Office of Information Technology (OIT) in the effort of operating, optimizing and maintaining the existing and new Microsoft 365 services into an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) state and planning future service sustainment strategies and activities for Microsoft M365 applications including but not limited to Bookings, Delve, Exchange Online, Forms, OneDrive, Office Web Apps, Planner, PowerApps, Power BI, SharePoint Online, Shifts, Streams, Teams, Viva Insights, and Whiteboard, Azure Active Directory Premium 2, Azure Information Protection Premium 2, Azure Rights Management, Defender for Office 365, Defender for Could Apps, Defender for Identity and In Tune, as well as additional Microsoft 365 Services, USCIS may choose to adopt.
- Provide expert troubleshooting for any issues with the M365 environment and act as the primary service administrators for enabled services, ie Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, etc.
- Work directly with OIT stakeholders and Leadership to establish new processes and automate any existing processes
- Support the USCIS EID Engineering and Ops Teams, ICAM, SOC, and eDiscovery teams with, but not limited to: certificate maintenance; product updates; licensing maintenance; mobile integration; compliance management; health monitoring; and SOP development, implementation and maintenance.
Education and experience sufficient to perform the above tasks
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected
- Minimum 3 years' experience Operating and Maintaining core Microsoft M365 Services e.g., Exchange Online, OneDrive, PowerBI, Teams, and SharePoint Online hosted within the Microsoft Government Community Cloud (GCC).
- Minimum 2 years' experience supporting enablement of new Microsoft M365 GCC Services to customers. to include bringing new Services online, defining operational procedures and developing governance strategies.
- Consulting experience with maintaining large scale (>20,000 named user) GCC instances of Microsoft 365 Services, Azure Commercial Subscriptions and Azure Government Subscriptions. Desired experience with and knowledge of USCIS IT infrastructure.
- Practical knowledge of Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS). Azure Active Directory (AAD), AAD Connect, Azure AD Sync, and Web Access Proxies (WAP).
- Practical knowledge of Guest Account management
- Experience with implementation of automation services within the Microsoft GCC to include:
- PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Power Automate and Power Apps, including coding customized for the USCIS environment
- Knowledge of Federal IT and DHS Security Policy
- Applicable Microsoft Role Based Certifications
- Experience with Azure cloud server virtualization, storage, and networking
HS Diploma or equivalent- bachelor's degree highly desirable
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None for this position
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job
Community / Marketing Title: Subject Matter Expert
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairfax, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage