Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 2022-6034
The Technical Writer provides documentation and documentation support to U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) Office of Information Technology (OIT) in the effort of operating, optimizing and maintaining the existing and new Microsoft 365 services into an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) state and planning future service sustainment strategies and activities for Microsoft M365 applications including but not limited to Bookings, Delve, Exchange Online, Forms, OneDrive, Office Web Apps, Planner, PowerApps, Power BI, SharePoint Online, Shifts, Streams, Teams, Viva Insights, and Whiteboard, Azure Active Directory Premium 2, Azure Information Protection Premium 2, Azure Rights Management, Defender for Office 365, Defender for Could Apps, Defender for Identity and In Tune, as well as additional Microsoft 365 Services, USCIS may choose to adopt.
- Owns documentation for Existing feature changes, New features/services, Technical and user, Contributes to governance process documentation.
Education and experience sufficient to perform the above tasks
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected
- Solid interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Ability to advise on organizational performance, strategic planning, and interact with high-level government officials.
HS Diploma or equivalent- bachelor's degree highly desirable
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None for this position
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairfax, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage