Location: Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
Requisition Number: 2022-6037
All Native Group is looking to fill the position of Controller. The Controller will be responsible for planning, managing, and directing the following functions: general and cost accounting activities, payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manages the accounting activities and provide for the analysis and review of past and present financial data - with major focus on financial statement accuracy
- Manages design and implementation of financial information systems, seeks ways to improve financial reporting and controls
- Manages general and cost accounting activities in performing all general ledger functions and keeps custody of accounting books, records, and forms
- Interface and promotes ANG payroll guidelines
- Contributes to the preparation and accuracy of accounting and financial reports for management and directors
- Manages preparation and timely filing of all accounting and financial reports for governmental and regulatory agencies
- Annually develops departmental objectives and recommend short-term and long-term plans with respect to improving the effectiveness of assigned functions.
- Responsible for Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual closeout process
- Initiates the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for accounting department
- Review project/contract level revenue reporting for completeness and accuracy
- In coordination with Vice President, suggest and implement methods to improve fiscal operations, processes, efficiency, and service to both internal and external
- Facilitate the maximization of both human and automated resources to achieve productivity
- Assist executive staff with preparation of forecasts, plans, and budgets
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline
- Coordinate the financial audit of the company accounts both at the division and corporate support level as required
- Prepare the annual incurred cost submission and assist with the DCAA audit requests
- Communicates clearly and directly with employees regarding expectations concerning performance, productivity, and accountability
- Develop employees for future advancement when possible
- Provide accounting and financial process support and improvements to other Ho-Chunk, Inc. companies as requested by executive management
- Government contract accounting experience with strong CAS, FAR, and DFARs knowledge.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Deltek Costpoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
This position oversees the day-to-day activities of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable teams.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 85% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 95% of the time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours are as required by business need.
10% - 20% is expected for this position.
14+ years of related experience
- Expert knowledge of Costpoint/Deltek
- 6 years management experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in government contracting
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience with accounting software (e.g., Costpoint Deltek, Concur and Vena)
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel (managing spreadsheets, creating charts, and using advanced formulas)
- Expert knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws, and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Accounting certification (CMA or CPA) is a plus
None required for this position
All Native Group. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community / Marketing Title: Controller
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Nebraska US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage