Location: Washington, DC, USA
Requisition Number: 2022-6137
Al Native group is seeking a Physician Assistant to support the US Department of state in Washington, DC. The Physician Assistant supports the Bureau of Medical Services (MED), Directorate for Clinical Programs (CP). The incumbent provides professional medical support to a complex, highly technical, and service oriented worldwide capabilities Program. Physician Assistants work includes providing medical intelligence and technical advice to the Department on natural disasters, epidemics and terrorist acts against the U.S. Government, patient care, evaluating programmatic planning and evaluation for Medical Program initiatives, management of strategic initiatives to adapt and evolve existing practices; serving as a role model to other healthcare professionals, works collaboratively with colleagues in other sections. The incumbent may be required to travel to overseas Health Units.
- Support the MED HART (Health Alert Response Team) while operating in accordance with MED policies
- Provide professional consulting and advisory services related to healthcare matters to MED
- Provide patient care per MED guidelines
- Work in conjunction with other MED staff to expand and enhance their program
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities, set priorities, delegate tasks, meet multiple deadlines, analyze organizational problems, and develop and implement effective solutions
- Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems to develop and implement solutions that result in efficient operations, and use data effectively to manage workload, quality, performance, and productivity within the area of responsibility
- Skill in interpersonal relationships in leading and dealing with employees, team leaders, and managers, both within and outside the MED program
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected
- Four (4) years of experience providing patient care
- MS as a Physician Assistant
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Certification in Physician Assistant (NCCPA)
A Secret clearance is required top secret preferred
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Physician Assistant
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage