Senior Proposal Manager
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Requisition Number: 2023-6747
The Senior Proposal Manager leads the proposal development team and is responsible for resources, planning, scheduling, development, and production. The primary focus of the Senior Proposal Manager must be to produce a winning proposal document. The Senior Proposal Manager owns the proposal strategy, derived from the capture strategy. The Senior Proposal Manager ensures on time, compliant proposals. The Senior Proposal Manager manages the development and coordination of the proposal from the time Capture transitions it until it is awarded. All evaluation notices, best and final offers, initial proposal revisions, and final proposal revisions are filtered through the Senior Proposal Manager and he/she will disseminate the information to the correct parties. On efforts where we are a subcontractor, the Senior Proposal Manager is the primary point of contact for the development of all data call responses.
- Analyzes, reviews, and fully understands stated requirements of Government RFP language and is required to manage through the entire proposal lifecycle considering compliance with standard solicitation requirements. This includes All Native Group corporate style/branding guidelines, procedures, and customer instructions/mandatory solicitation requirements
- Create and maintain the proposal portal site for assigned proposals
- Assembly of questions for submission to the Government
- Establish the proposal schedule
- Create a compliant outline addressing all sections of the RFP
- Develop the compliance matrix
- Facilitate the proposal kickoff meeting
- Coordinate writing assignments within the Proposal Team
- Allocate requirements to the Proposal Team
- Manage the storyboard process
- Coordinate graphics, formatting, editing, final production, and delivery requirements
- Prepare review packages and provide necessary guidance
- Ensure the proposal remains compliant with the RFP
- Make certain the proposal is produced and delivered on time
- Train the Proposal Team where necessary
- Manage and coordinate all data calls
- Facilitates proposal color team reviews, Q&A, solutions, theme and other working group sessions
- Leads daily tag-up meetings and determines "get well" strategies after proposal reviews
- Schedules pricing calendar and coordinates with pricing/contracts departments to build the pricing volume
- Sets color team review goals and objectives; trains color team reviewers to participate in reviews; deconflicts color team reviewer feedback; determines disposition of color team reviewer comments; develops the color team recovery plan; and executes the color team recovery plan on-time to meet approved recovery plan
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of Proposals
- Disciplined project manager
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills
- Instills confidence, decisive and flexible, delegate effectively, and are natural teachers/mentors
- Understand delivery and execution
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Occasional travel is expected for this position.
- A minimum of five (5) years of DoD/Federal Government proposal management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Professional
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and In Design) beneficial, but not mandatory
- Proactive individuals with strong attention to accuracy and detail
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Proposal Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairfax, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage