System Administrator II (Intermediate)
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
Requisition Number: 2023-6751
The United States Army (USA), 7th Signal Command requires a System Administrator II (Mid-level System Administrator) with a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar discipline and a minimum of six (6) years' experience working in the areas and performing the types of actions listed in the following "Essential Functions" and "Competencies" discussions. One (1) of these six (6) years of total experience must include working with computer systems using similar software and operating systems as those described in the client requirements. The successful candidate must have a SECRET security clearance, must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) and must have experience working with the Remedy Ticketing system (ARS). Performs day-to-day administration tasks in a Microsoft Active Directory environment, monitors servers, network services and their backup system, and configures and maintains WSUS to provide security and maintenance patches to systems at remote locations, resolves issues with hardware, operating systems, desktop applications, telephones, and network attached printers, and installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs software patches and resolves software related issues. (See "Essential Functions" for more detailed listing) The customer prefers candidates who possess experience working with LAN/WAN with wireless interfaces. (See "Competencies" for more detailed listing)
- Resolves issues with hardware, operating systems, desktop applications, telephones, and network attached printers.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs software patches and resolves software related issues.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Performs day-to-day administration tasks in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Monitors servers, network services and their backup system
- Creates and maintains documents to assist users with common configurations and tasks.
- Active Directory Administration (creation, deletion and management of user accounts).
- Installs, manages, and upgrades antivirus products
- Accomplishes security and update patching of Microsoft systems.
- Accomplishes Desktop and Server imaging using Microsoft Windows imaging tools and the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK).
- Maintains backups of data collected
- Configures and maintains WSUS to provide security and maintenance patches to systems at remote locations.
- Supports the completion of all projects/programs as needed
- Must be a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) with experience using the Remedy Ticketing system (ARS).
- Must possess/demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer desires candidates who possess/demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and writing). May interact with the government customer and senior government leadership leaders at the highest levels, prefer those who have experience and skills in this area.
- Customer desires candidates with experience working with LAN/WAN with wireless interfaces.
Limited supervisory actions may be required for this position based on customer need and candidate's training/experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment within the continental US with occasional travel to offices within the National Capital Region and Georgia. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the core hours of 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- A minimum of six (6) years' relevant experience is required for this position (See, Essential Functions" and "Competencies" sections)
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar discipline, preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be MCSA certified
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
City: Fort Belvoir
Community / Marketing Title: System Administrator II (Intermediate)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fort Belvoir, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage