Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Requisition Number: 2023-6756
Ho-Chunk Inc. Management Services (HCIMS) is seeking a full-time Program Director. The Program Director is responsible for the management of profit and loss, business development growth, and overall performance of multiple contracts or large complex contracts. The Program Director is the authorized representative for the contractual, technical, and administrative performance of all services required. The Program Director is responsible for management of employees, procurement, timely completion of deliverables, and financial management.
- Serve as focal point for all contractor and subcontractor functions that pertain to contract deliverables and ensures on-time delivery of requirements.
- Ensures all aspects of planning, scheduling, organizing, managing, and assessing performance of all personnel under multiple contracts and subsequent contracts.
- Provides all reporting information required under multiple contracts accurately, thoroughly and timely.
- Responsible to all Contracting Officers (CO), Contracting Officer's Representatives (COR), and Program Offices for all contract performance issues.
- Accomplishes strategic objectives by overseeing multiple project activities.
- Manages and directs ongoing strategy to mitigate risk and maintain continuity of operations in accordance with the requirements specified in multiple SOWs.
- Determines staffing requirements and acquires approvals and resources required to ensure appropriate staffing levels to maintain Program operations.
- Interacts on a weekly basis with Contracting Officer, Contracting Officer's Representative, and Government Technical Monitors to ensure required performance levels.
- Supervise, oversee, and direct ongoing strategy to mitigate risk and maintain continuity of operations in accordance with the requirements specified in the contract and task orders.
- Advise and assist regarding the technical scope of the contract
- Plan, establish, and review compensation actions, enforce policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting, provision of qualified personnel for each task order, and timely and accurate implementation of the requirements of the contract SOW
- Ensure all aspects of planning, scheduling, organizing, managing of personnel.
- Ensure professional development training as required for personnel.
- Oversees on-time delivery of requirements, invoicing, and other fiscal management functions.
- Review, assess, manage, and correct any behavior by contractor personnel that would reflect poorly on All Native Group's customer and/or ANG.
- Advise and assist customer(s) regarding the technical scope of contracts.
- Directly supervises Program Managers, Deputy Program Managers, Site Managers, Recruiters, Program Control Analysts, and other personnel in direct support of Program(s). Determines staffing requirements and acquires approvals and resources required to ensure appropriate staffing levels to maintain Program operations.
- Works with Human Resources on recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Responsible for maintaining the current contract/task orders and successful re-competes. Also responsible for the growth of the current contracts and identifying new business opportunities within the agency.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; managing profit and loss, preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions and providing monthly progress report.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
- Attend meetings and conferences as necessary.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Frequent physical presence at the worksites, frequent in person interaction with the employees, and ability to commute quickly to any of the worksites is a client priority
- Demonstrated ability managing contracts in excess of $20 million annually and a workforce of 100+ personnel.
- Knowledge of the function, policies, and procedures associated with security operations of U.S. Embassies and Consulates preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, evaluating, analyzing, and implementing government programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate solutions effectively to both contractor and government audiences.
- Knowledge of financial planning and strategy, managing profitability
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated experience in general planning, evaluating, analyzing, and implementing government programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to function effectively in difficult and challenging situations
Will oversee the day-to-day operation of a federal contract with 275+ onsite staff in multiple locations. Will also manage Project Managers and other ANG staff who support the operations of the program.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although out of the area travel to worksites in Blackstone VA, Quantico, and others, sometimes including overnight stays is necessary at least monthly
- At least fifteen (15) years of professional experience, at least five (5) managing government programs.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience as a senior program manager responsible for meeting government contract requirements as a contractor.
- Must have at least five (5) years of leadership/supervisory experience handling Diversity Initiative, HR, and EEO related issues. Experience with Department of State (DOS) policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferable in a Business, Management, or Security Administration related field.
- Program Management - PMP preferred
- Experience as a manager of adult education programs preferred
- Familiarity working with the Dept of State is preferred
- Experience as hiring manager for a Training activity is desired
A Top Secret clearance is required, though selectee can start in position with a Secret
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position may require full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location pending final decision on Executive Order.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community / Marketing Title: Program Director
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairfax, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage