Subject Matter Expert (SME) IV
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Requisition Number: 2023-6760
ANG is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) IV to provide the Air Force Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (AFTENCAP) Talon Optimization and Acquisition Support Team (TOAST) contract with Electronic Warfare (EW) and Electronic Combat (EC) operations, planning, system design and integration subject matter expertise enabling technology development, project management, acquisition and programmatic support to rapid prototyping capability development, integration and transition. Includes evaluation, development and integration of current and emerging technologies in support of national to tactical intelligence capabilities, including tactical and multi sensor fusion in support of USAF and joint warfighter requirements. Provide administrative, technical, operations and programmatic support to AF TENCAP project initiation, planning, execution, transition and close out activities.
- Provides unique EW subject matter expertise in support of AFTENCAP technology development and integration including planning, direction, evaluation, and success of rapid prototyping projects, materiel acquisition and research and development technology initiatives involving the application of US National System capabilities in support of warfighter requirements.
- Applies principles, methods and knowledge of the specified functional area of capability to task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in engineering and other scientific applications to arrive at practical, innovative solutions.
- Leverage new technologies to enhance national capabilities for US and joint fighter, bomber, attack and ISR aircraft and munitions capabilities, including tactical sensor integration and multi-sensor fusion. Facilitate the transition of these capabilities, innovative concepts, technologies, and processes to operational use, capability integration or demonstration through the planning and execution of TENCAP projects, proof of concept demonstrations, and testing and integration of quick reaction capabilities.
- Supports government and contractor program managers by executing acquisition and program management tasks including planning, programming, budgeting, scheduling, financial management execution, contracting, cost/risk analysis, engineering, and logistics planning.
- Provide subject matter expertise related to any or a combination of: Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Communications Intelligence (COMINT), Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) including Imagery Intelligence (IMINT) and Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR), Electronic Intelligence (ELINT), Measures and Signatures Intelligence (MASINT), national agency U.S.C. Title 50 intelligence system collection and dissemination architectures, communities and assets, ground station operations, USAF weapons and sensors, tactical data links, and air surveillance capabilities.
- Provide support by performing research on potential shortfalls of multiple systems associated with national systems and support AF TENCAP in identifying and evaluating current technologies for potential application against validated shortfalls/requirements.
- Supports AFTENCAP portfolio management, including support to program management reviews, acquisition strategy development, management of the AFTENCAP Operating Instruction, Broad Agency Announcement process, database management, training program, and science and technology integration.
- Support managing technical and special security activities, oversee technical cost, performance, and project schedule metrics of other contractor activities in the performance of AFTENCAP associated tasks and projects.
- Support transition and program integration activities; support transitioning of capabilities and technologies projects to other organizations, and advise the Government of the need, implications and technical actions required to achieve transition.
- Strong planning, organization, and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required by customer need.
20% travel, including local area, US and International travel. Travel is primarily local and US travel during the business week, with minimal extended travel up to 2-3 weeks possible.
3-7 years of experience in any: DoD Acquisition Engineering, RDTE or Project Management; Intelligence Collection or Operations; NRO; Combat Aviation; or Special Operations
AA or Bachelors in Engineering, Science, IT or relevant field, Masters preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- DAWIA PM Level 2 or 3, or PMP desired
- DAWIA SPRDE Level 2 or 3 desired
Compensation and Benefits:
The expected compensation range for this position is $120,000.00-$150,000.00 per year (approx. $57.69/hr. - $72.11/hr.). We offer comprehensive benefits that allow you to balance work and life. A benefits summary is available from this link: https://jobs.allnativegroup.com/categories/1/benefits/1/employee-benefits.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
City: Colorado Springs
Community / Marketing Title: Subject Matter Expert (SME) IV
Location_formattedLocationLong: Colorado Springs, Colorado US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage