Cable Installer/ Mid Level
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Requisition Number: 2023-6767
The Cable Installer- MID Level will work as part of a crew performing various tasks such as pulling, terminating, and testing copper, installing cable and various other types of cable support hardware. Working knowledge in the use of hand tools, including various punch tools, test equipment, and various power tools such as hammer drills and saws. This position requires a technical or mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Assists the Crew Leader, Senior Cable Installers and Technicians on the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Installs cabling and associated infrastructure.
- Cable terminations, pulling, and testing.
- Effectively utilize work scheduling to maximize crew efficiency.
- Understands many facets involved in current installation procedures.
- Ability to differentiate color, for termination color coding
- Must be able to stay on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to work overtime on as needed basis
- Must be willing and able to learn and retain information
- Must be able to work independently and in team environments
- Able to read construction drawings and other project documents
- Good oral and written communication skills
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office and construction environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in high spaces
- lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although about 10% out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in telecommunication infrastructure installation
- 3-years' experience with Wiring and Cabling
- High school diploma/GED, military electronic specialization schools, or trade school certification.
- A clean driving record is required, and candidate must provide a DMV record upon offer of employment.
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position may require full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location, pending final decisions on the Executive Order.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Cable Installer/ Mid Level
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage