Event Administrator IV
Requisition Number: 2023-6789
The Event Administrator shall provide event support services including, but not limited to, maintaining, scheduling, maintenance, equipment, supplies, and overall appearance of training rooms, conference rooms, and auditorium.
- Using, but not limited to the DOS "Reserve!t" and CA Management Software Systems in providing all relevant information regarding the scheduling usage of auditorium, conference rooms, and training rooms, and coordinates with all CA's directorates on scheduling these facilities.
- Liaise with other bureaus/departments about meeting requirements.
- Acknowledges and/or responds within four (4) business hours and processes within one business day all conference/meeting and event reservation and information requests
- Updates and maintains current information on the DOS CAJEX/GSD web page/forms
- Performs administrative tasks such as developing various room setup schemes, coordinating the storage and distribution of furniture, materials, parts, supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Oversees the IT Computer Specialist, Event Specialist and Event Technician duties and tasks.
- Prepares and maintains records of items delivered and/or used.
- Coordinates with the IT Computer Specialist and all necessary systems support staff for audio/visual, facility, and IT support needs.
- Monitors meeting progress to ensure start and end times are adhered to as to avoid any
- Tracks and provides weekly reports on all supply and maintenance orders/request for
- Assists the Event staff with administrative and/or hands-on tasks, such as delivering,
- Along with Event Specialist, confirms proper storage and security of the auditorium
and assets when unlocking and/or securing spaces.
- Maintains record of inventory transactions on equipment, furnishing, and supply.
- Along with IT Computer Specialist, schedules maintenance for auditorium, training,
- Along with the IT Computer Specialist troubleshoots and reports within two (2)
assigned "group email account for all official correspondence ..
- Escorts contractors, as required.
- Assists auditorium users with quotes for services such as translation, catering, etc. and
- Provides clients with layout options for events to minimize set up and tear down of
- Oversees the proper storage and security of the auditorium assets through daily start
- Maintains a clean and professional business appearance of facilities and furnishings.
- Assists auditorium clients in complying with security requirements for equipment and
- Assists CA Personnel with receiving and billing, as needed, for additional expenses related to auditorium, conference and training room usage.
- 5+ years' experience in the facility management field, particularly related to managing a shared calendar.
- Familiar with and able to operate audio/visual, facility and IT support systems.
- Experience communicating with various personnel at all levels of management.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft software/applications.
- Ability to maintain a shared drive.
- Demonstrated timely and proficient organizational skills with the ability to work
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work while building
- Ability to work flexible work hours and/or additional hours to meet official DOS functions.
- Ability to perform heavy (up to 401bs.) lifting and/or moving of furnishings and/or equipment and endure prolonged periods of standing with no limitations.
Supervisory Responsibility required for this position
This job operates in a professional office/event environment. This role routinely uses standard office/event equipment such as computers, phones, tables, chairs, and audio/vtc equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, a forty (40) hour work week. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
No travel expected for this position.
Five (5) years of job-related experience or equivalent
Bachelor's Degree from accredited institution preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be a US citizen with a valid passport and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
City: Washington DC
Community / Marketing Title: Event Administrator IV
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington DC, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage