Director of Pricing
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Requisition Number: 2023-6794
All Native Group is seeking to fill the position of Director of Pricing. The Director of Pricing requires a skilled, proactive individual with extensive experience developing and managing cost/price proposals for US and foreign government solicitations, ongoing contract changes/modification, and be a versatile, strategic thinker with respect to customer needs and competitive positioning to meet those needs. They must be capable of acting in an independent capacity to corporate business objectives and goals, while coordinating other internal operations and staff workload requirements.
- Develop price-to-win goals and instruction in collaboration with VP of Accounting & Finance, Capture Manager, Contracts Lead, Proposal Manager, and Operation Management.
- Proven management experience and leadership skills to mentor and develop members of the Pricing team.
- Develop pricing strategies and structures for all new business proposals, change proposals, and task orders including, but not limited to, fixed price, cost type, time and materials, and IDIQ contracts.
- Make decisions and provide cost strategy and problem solving guided by policies, procedures, and business plans.
- Analyze opportunities and risk associated with the pricing, and guide the cost strategy discussion for risk mitigation, management reserve, and margin protection.
- Initiate, develop, and implement new cost/pricing policies, SOP's and structures.
- Build cost models and develops basis of proposal estimates working with members of the ANG team.
- Work with the capture and executive leadership to develop or challenge cost pools for bid pricing as needed.
- Develop, manage, and institutionalize pricing and cost models for reusability and scalability.
- Coordinate, plan, and execute competitive analysis in addition to researching primary competitors in support of Price to Win (PTW) strategies.
- Develop and brief PTW analysis supporting Best Value and Low Price Technically Acceptable Competitions.
- Build competitive cost models for not only 8(a) bids but also full and open programs.
- Provide financial narratives and other supporting documents upon request.
- Act as liaison between Operations, Business Development, and Finance.
- Improve proposal quality by providing education and training programs to ensure compliance and promote industry best practices.
- Oversee all activities related to pricing while effectively managing deadlines and competing priorities.
- Provide insight and leadership to develop ANG Pricing as a best-in-class organization with the skills, training, and tools required for a mid-sized Federal Contractor.
- Leadership skills
- Analytical/Strategic thinking
- Mathematical skills
- Team collaboration
- Financial forecasting
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Excel skills
This position also oversees the day-to-day activities of the Pricing Strategists.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. We offer a hybrid remote work environment, and typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours as required by business need.
Travel is expected up to 10% of the time for this position.
- A minimum of 16 years of relevant federal government experience
- 6-8 years supervision/management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience with and knowledge of FAR/DFAR
- Experience with and knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Highly motivated, have exceptional communications skills (both oral and written) as well as exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Direct experience with large competitive Federal Government programs preferred
- Experience with parametric models, Cost Modeling and /or Basis of Estimate Preparation and quantitative risk analysis desired.
No clearance required for this position
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Pricing
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairfax, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage