Strategic Communication Specialist
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Requisition Number: 2023-6796
Job Title: Strategic Communication Specialist
All Native Group is looking to fill the position of Strategic Communications Specialist to support our federal government customer.
- SupportOffice of Naval Research (ONR) Office of the Chief Information Office (OCIO) withstrategic communicationsto both internal and external audiences regarding, but not limited to, network status, schedule outages andprograminitiatives.
- Track the completion and progress ofsystem and networkupgradesand provide command wide notification of project status.
- Review and communicate various IT Alerts, periodicals, briefings, town halls and training events that are organized and facilitate by the OCIO Communications Officerfor all departments including, but not limited to Mission Support, CIO, Human Resource, Total Force Human Capital, Command Logistic and Equal Employment Opportunityprior to release to the command.
- Coordinate the drafting and publishing of Mission Support directorate articles and special edition releases, and special event notices with the Corporate Strategic Communications (CSC) Office.
- Meet with Mission Support Department Heads annually to develop and maintain a Mission Support Strategic Communications Plan.Mission Support Strategic Communications Plan is the road map for getting important information delivered toONRcustomers. It is essential for ensuring Mission Support sends a clear, specific message with measurable results on the services Mission Support provides to the command. The Strategic Communications Plan must be updated monthly to ensure accuracy and information relevancy.
- Track all Strategic Communications assignments in Microsoft Azure Boards.
- Coordinate with Corporate Strategic Communications Graphic team the development of branding, digital signage andposterboards.
- Advise Mission Support Department Heads oneffective ways to utilizesocial, digital and print mediato communicate with ONR stakeholders and promote ONR's missions and goals.
- Requires a moderate knowledge of Information Technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in team environments.
- None required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although about 10% out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- At least three (3) years of administrative experience either in the Federal Government, military or as a contractor.
- Demonstrate a moderate level of proficiency using Microsoft products e.g., Azure, SharePoint Online, Office 365 and Azure Virtual Desktop
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum offive(5) years of governmental services experience to DoD may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Communication Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Arlington, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage