IT Computer Specialist
Requisition Number: 2023-6805
All Native Group is seeking a IT Computer Specialist. The contractor shall provide event support services including, but not limited to, maintaining, scheduling, maintenance, equipment, supplies, and overall appearance of CA's training rooms, conference rooms, and auditorium.
- Diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents
- Developing and maintaining problem tracking and resolution databases
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining DOS hardware and software
- Providing customer training and support staff in the use of audio/visual equipment, smart boards, teleconferencing, videoconferencing, etc. for conference room set-up, installation and breakdown and serves as back-up facilitator, as necessary
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of customer support services
- Troubleshoots PC client vs. intranet site issues
- Provides support on application deployments and administration including change control policies
- Directs and oversees vendor(s) and DOS technician(s) installation as applicable and appropriate, manages schedules, escort, support, logistics, and if needed, conflicts within the group.
- Facilitates testing, defect resolution, and user acceptance
- Updates and maintains web page(s), provides data compilation and analysis, and drafts general correspondence
- Aids with managing user permissions
- Troubleshoots desktop issues to include SharePoint
- Assists with managing SharePoint application deployments and administration in accordance with CA and Department policies
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal abilities during conversations, both verbal and written, with DOS employees at all levels, other contractors, and other Federal counterparts
- Demonstrated timely and proficient organizational skills with the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment
- Demonstrated ability to have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work while building and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to perform heavy (up to 40lbs.) lifting and/or moving of furnishings and/or equipment and endure prolonged periods of standing with no limitations
- Knowledge of Department of State systems and infrastructure.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- Government Cybersecurity awareness and IT protocols
- Experience with Department of State standardized document formats (MOU and MOA)Microsoft Office SharePoint Services (MOSS) developer and programmer experience
- Ability and experience to 'use,' 'train to use,' and 'demonstrate the use of,' audio visual, teleconferencing, videoconferencing, and smart board equipment
- Bachelor's degree
- High school diploma and 5+ years' experience with IT/VTC/AV
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must possess SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
City: Washington DC
Community / Marketing Title: IT Computer Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington DC, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage