Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 3489
Arlington, VA, USA Req #3489
Friday, February 19, 2021
Adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
The contractor serves as a Records and Data Management Specialist providing information and records management services including a variety of program assistance duties as assigned, or as required, to include:
• Develops and maintains the electronic records for design and construction projects
• Establishes effective controls over the creation, organization, maintenance, use and disposition of records in coordinationwith the Bureau Records Coordinator;
• Ensures permanently valuable information is preserved and all other record information is retained, reviewed and disposedof systematically according to Department policies and procedures;
• Reviews records systems and records management practices and coordinates with the Bureau Records Coordinatorto ensure information and records management processes and programs are in full compliance withapplicable laws and regulations and ensures that managers and staff apply policies, standards, and guidance in anuniform and consistent manner;
• Analyzes information and records management business processes and provides recommendations to improve workflowand create efficiencies by making use of automated tools;
• Participates in Bureau efforts to develop and implement procedures in the areas of records creation, maintenance, retrieval, and disposition for project documents and other Office related records;
• Works with Bureau Records Coordinator in the development and dissemination of policy and guidelines and providestechnical assistance in their application, as well as requisite training and instruction programs for Office personnel inthe assigned area;
• Resolves issues not requiring higher level authority with respect to the policies and provisions of service;
• Works with Bureau Records Coordinator and IT Specialists regarding optimal desktop configuration for computers,software, and peripheral devices to deploy and maintain electronic records system;
• Conducts inventory, catalogs, archives, and disposes of paper project files, construction documents, and drawings;
• Performs other assignments and tasks as required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Federal records management laws, regulations, policies and procedures, as well asthe principles and concepts of information governance of various phases of records and information management;
• Comprehensive knowledge of recordkeeping systems, other information management programs, and current and developmentalinformation technology to ensure technological advancements are compatible with the information architecture;
• Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods and techniques to analyze, assess,and improve program effectiveness, to plan and conduct a variety of studies, and to document findings, conclusions,and recommendations;
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills in order to prepare reports/findings, guidance, correspondence,briefings, and to participate effectively in briefings and meetings.
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel may be required for this position; however, the Contracting Officer's Representative must approve all travel prior to the commencement thereof.
The work is mostly sedentary. However, frequent international travel for periods less than 30 consecutive calendar days per trip is required, which can be extremely taxing both physically and psychologically, may involve long transits, layovers and time zone dislocation,
and may involve multiple modes of air, land, rail, and water transportation to reach final destinations. There is considerable walking while traveling and the contractor must be capable of bending, crouching, stretching, etc., when making site visits.
The preponderance of the work is performed in an office-type setting, with adequate lighting, heating/cooling, ventilation, and protection from the elements. However, conditions in overseas posts/facilities may vary depending on the stage of construction and the location.
Travel may be to countries which typically do not have the same sanitary, healthcare, and environmental conditions that exist in most of the United States. Medical precautions in the form of inoculations or other preventive medicines are routinely required. Some overseas locations require special precautions regarding food and water consumption and personal safety.
The contractor must be available for overseas travel for extended periods of time, and to work extended work hours in conjunction with contractor schedules while at overseas project sites.
The contractor must be physically able, with reasonable and realistic accommodation where appropriate, and agreeable to conduct onsite investigation of facilities, project sites and building systems in a variety of climates, site locations, and working conditions.
• 3-6 years of experience and knowledge of information technology principles and practices, and skill in the use of basic and advanced functions of the Microsoft Office suite of applications (e.g., Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint) as well as other automated systems and concepts, desktop configuration management, and interfaces for receiving, storing, processing, and/or transmitting digital information; as well as skill in developing office information databases and preparing "dashboards" for producing reports including charts and graphs for that information;
• Experience with SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence;
• Experience in managing the complete records process and content management frameworks that support the entire life-cycle of records;
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology discipline or related field.
Top Secret or Final Secret upgradeable to an interim TS
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Databases & Data Warehousing
- Pay Type Salary
Community / Marketing Title: Data Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Arlington, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage