Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 3493
Fairfax, VA, USA Req #3493
Friday, February 19, 2021
The OBO Program Director is responsible for the management of profit and loss, organic business development growth, and overall performance of a large $250M IDIQ contract. The Program Director is the authorized representative for the contractual, technical, and administrative performance of all services required. The Program Director is responsible for management of employees, procurement, timely completion of deliverables, and financial management.
• Organically grow the contract by working with the customers to add new task orders with the goal of reaching $50M in revenue annually.
• Advise and assist customer(s) regarding the technical scope of contracts.
• Serve as focal point for all contractor and subcontractor functions that pertain to contract deliverables and ensures on-time delivery of requirements.
• Ensures all aspects of planning, scheduling, organizing, managing, and assessing performance of all personnel under multiple contracts and subsequent contracts.
• Provides all reporting information required for all task orders accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
• Responsible to all Contracting Officers (CO), Contracting Officer's Representatives (COR), and Program Offices for all contract performance issues.
• Accomplishes strategic objectives by overseeing multiple project activities.
• Manages and directs ongoing strategy to mitigate risk and maintain continuity of operations in accordance with the requirements specified in multiple SOWs.
• Directly supervises Program Managers, Deputy Program Managers, Site Leads in direct support of Program(s). Determines staffing requirements and acquires approvals and resources required to ensure appropriate staffing levels to maintain Program operations.
• Works with Human Resources on recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Responsible for maintaining the current contracts and successful re-competes. Also responsible for the growth of the current contracts and identifying new business opportunities within the agency.
• Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; managing profit and loss, preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions and providing monthly progress report.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Attend meetings and conferences, as necessary.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
• Flexibility and adaptability to respond to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
• Conflict Management skills to resolves challenges in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative impact.
• Sound business ethics/integrity and a commitment to corporate responsibility.
• Critical thinking-using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative solutions and approaches to problems.
• Stability-the tendency to handle stress, maintain an even temperament and demonstrate confidence across most situations while ensuring transparency.
Directly supervises Program Managers and other support staff.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is expected up to 20% of the time for this position.
• 8-10 years of experience, with 5-7 years' experience managing programs.
• Must have at least three (5) years of leadership/supervisory experience.
• Program Management - PMP mandatory.
• Financial Planning and Strategy, Managing Profitability.
• Must demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Must demonstrate experience in general planning, evaluating, analyzing, and implementing government programs.
• Experience working with the Department of State is preferred but not required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to function effectively in adverse situations.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance level based on the contract(s).
• Requires a bachelor's degree. Master's degree is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Ability to analyze information and evaluate options to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ability to work independently and as a group.
• Detail oriented and task driven.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Maintains a valid driver's license and be insurable under company insurance provider/program.
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
This individual is a part of the company's bonus pool.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Program Management and Operations (non-tech)
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
Community / Marketing Title: Program Director
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairfax, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage