Medical Indexing Specialist
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 3496
Medical Indexing Specialist
Washington, DC 22202, USA Req #3496
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
The Indexer is responsible for indexing, thesaurus, fact checking, coding, and other projects as assigned.
- • Communicate with clinical staff on coding and documentation issues such as recording inpatient and outpatient diagnoses and procedures, the use of encounter forms, the correct sequencing of diagnoses / procedures, and / or the relationship between health care documentation and code assignment
- • Research and solve complex questions related to coding and documentation, such as adequate health information documentation, coding, billing, resident supervision, etc.
- • Reviewing and correct system or processing errors, review transmission reports, and ensure all assigned episodes are complete and accurate as appropriate to the duties assigned
- • Analyze the medical record to identify all pertinent diagnosis and procedures for coding and to evaluate the adequacy of the documentation
- • Review the medical record documentation and assign the current versions of the classification systems required, such as ICD and CPT
- • The candidate must have a knowledge of classification systems such as ICD, CPT, SNOMED, or HCPCS and skill in applying coding knowledge to a wide variety of specialty areas.
- • Additionally, the candidate must have a knowledge of joint commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) as well as Medicare / centers for Medicare and Medicaid services (CMS) and / or VHA medical record documentation requirements.
- • In order to be effective, the ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of the full scope of coding and abstracting including inpatient discharges, surgical cases, diagnostic studies and procedure, outpatient encounters and inpatient fees for a highly diverse range of specialties and subspecialties such as orthopedics, neurosurgery, cardiology, gastroenterology, plastic surgery, spinal cord injury, blind rehabilitation, anesthesia, acute and long term psychiatry including addiction treatment, hospice, ambulatory surgery and other types of care.
A Secret clearance is required top secret preferred
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally owned company.
- Job Family Goverment Contracts
- Pay Type Hourly
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Indexing Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage