Desktop Engineer I
Location: Fort Belvoir, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 3502
Desktop Engineer I
Fort Belvoir, VA, USA Req #3502
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
The United States Army (USA), 7th Signal Command requires a Desktop Engineer I (Entry Level Desktop Engineer) with a minimum of one (1) years' experience working in the areas and performing the types of actions listed in the following "Essential Functions" and "Competencies" discussions. Successful candidates must have SECRET security clearance, must be a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) with experience using the Remedy Ticketing system (ARS), must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Essential functions of this position include being responsible for timely resolution of assigned incidents and change tickets, monitoring and utilizing the service desk ticketing system to resolve client issues in a timely manner, identifying trends in reoccurring tickets and focusing on resolving issues globally (Targeting automated or scripted fixes instead of manual one-offs), and responsible for escalation of Managed Workstation issues and/or end user tickets when needed. (See "Essential Functions" for more detailed listing) The customer prefers candidates who possess an ITIL v3 Certification and experience working as a Workstation Engineer or similar role in which they demonstrated a strong technical understanding of hardware, drivers, Microsoft OS, software products and the software repackaging/sequencing process. (See "Competencies" for more detailed listing)
- Build, maintain, and support a base image for workstations including OS, drivers and software packages utilized by all business partners.
- Escalation point for Managed Workstation issues and/or end user tickets.
- Monitor and utilize the service desk ticketing system to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Identify trends in reoccurring tickets and focus on resolving globally. Target automated or scripted fixes instead of manual one-offs.
- Create and maintain processes and documents pertaining to the managed workstation environment.
- Lead packages through the Software Introduction Process, ensure standard processes are followed and documented, and troubleshoot issues with the packaging process.
- Assist Managed Workstation Engineers as time allows for improvements to the workstation base image.
- Recommend and provide tools to support the managed environment for tier two support personnel and software repackaging/sequencing.
- Strong understanding and ability to use the following SCCM.
- Responsible for timely resolution of assigned incident and change tickets.
- Current desktop images include XP, Win7 and MAC OS.
- The use of SeviceNow for all Incident/Problem/Change records.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met
- Supports the completion of all projects/programs as needed
- Must be MCSE or MCSA certified with experience using the Remedy Ticketing system (ARS).
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and writing). May interact with the government customer and senior government leadership leaders at the highest levels, prefer those who have experience and skills in this area.
- ITIL v3 Certification, desired
- Experience MS Office
- Experience managing Workstation Engineer or similar role, desired
- Strong technical understanding of hardware, drivers, Microsoft OS, software products and the software repackaging/sequencing process.
- Experience working with LAN/WAN and wireless interfaces, preferred
- AD experience troubleshooting workstation/user policies, desired
- Strong Group Policy experience, desired
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment within the continental US with occasional travel to offices within the National Capital Region and Georgia. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the core hours of 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- A minimum of one (1) years' relevant experience is required for this position
- A high school diploma or higher or equivalent is preferred.
- Must have IAT II, T3 and Security + certificate
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be MCSE or MCSA certified
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws. #LI-J1
- Job Family Goverment Contracts
- Pay Type Hourly
City: Fort Belvoir
Community / Marketing Title: Desktop Engineer I
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fort Belvoir, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage