Management Analyst II (Paralegal)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 3589
Management Analyst II (Paralegal)
District of Columbia, USA • Washington, DC 22202, USA Req #3589
Thursday, April 1, 2021
All Native Group is seeking a Management Analyst II (Paralegal) The Office of the Legal Adviser, Dept. of State requires an experienced paralegal to assist in performing general paralegal duties, with a primary focus on document review and production as part of ongoing litigation. Candidates must have a Secret security clearances issued by Defense Security Services (DSS).
- Assists in performing general paralegal duties, with primary focus on document review and production as part of ongoing litigation.
- Assists with the legal discovery process, collecting data and reviewing it in paper format or in various electronic formats.
- Tracks and manages cases in electronic data systems.
- Assists in drafting and distributing legal holds.
- Assists in researching precedent and processes related to individual cases.
- Updates case management tools, such as PACER (internally and externally).
- Provides general support in litigation and other legal matters as assigned.
- Provides good customer service.
- Must have three (3) years' experience performing paralegal work in the Federal Government or graduation from an accredited paralegal program or law school.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience reviewing documents within the context of ongoing litigation.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience using commercially available forensic document review platform.
- Must have direct knowledge of the litigation process.
- Must have direct knowledge of the rules of Civil Procedure.
- Must have direct knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
No travel is required for this position.
If the candidate does not have a degree or paralegal certificate, they must have at least three (3) years' experience working as a paralegal and the customer prefers that at least one of those three years of experience be with the Department of State.
- Graduation from an accredited paralegal program or law school (If candidate does not have a degree or paralegal certificate they should possess a minimum of three (3) years' experience working as a paralegal.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The customer prefers candidates who already have a minimum of one year's experience working at the Department of State.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Administrative and Facilities Services
- Pay Type Salary
City: District of Columbia
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Management Analyst II (Paralegal)
Location_formattedLocationLong: District of Columbia, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage