Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 3590
Washington, D.C., DC, USA Req #3590
Friday, April 2, 2021
All Native Group is seeking a medical Laboratory Technologist to support the Department of State Bureau of Medical Services - Clinical Laboratory Programs and Services. The contractor in this position provides laboratory testing services to the Exam and Travel Clinics and support services to over 210 health units in U.S. Missions worldwide.
The employee will have a variety of roles and responsibilities including:
- Perform laboratory tests with detail and accuracy and report to appropriate individuals
- Ongoing assessment of quality assurance
- Overseas laboratory support and training
- Performs procedures in pre-analytical (specimen collection and assessment), analytical (testing process), and post-analytical (evaluation of results, error detection, reporting and documentation of critical values) phases of testing.
- Calibrates, maintains and troubleshoots various laboratory equipment.
- Ensures quality of results through evaluation of quality controls and creates corrective action plans based on quality control evaluation.
- Update standard operating procedures.
- Performs high complexity parasitology testing, independently evaluates the test procedures for accuracy and prepares specials stains for identifying parasites by microscopic examination.
- Prepares all necessary documentation for inspectors from the College of American Pathologists (CAP) in order to maintain accreditation.
- Performs phlebotomy and attends to patients when needed, evaluates specimens and rejects specimens as appropriate and checks and resolves pending log discrepancies.
- Utilizes reference laboratories by preparing specimens to meet transit requirements, sending and processing reports.
- Performs other assigned duties.
- Assures quality of results for domestic specimens and overseas specimens sent to the U.S.A for testing.
- Solves pre-analytical problems affecting results outcomes and monitors and corrects post-analytical errors on reference laboratory reports.
- Detects and resolves all requisition errors.
- Researches and provides necessary information for reference laboratories to bill patient insurance.
- Certifies that invoices for supplies and reference laboratory testing are accurate before forwarding for processing and payment, monitor billing costs.
- Daily responds to requests and questions sent in from overseas health units.
- As issues are encountered, reviews procedures with overseas staff to decrease incidences.
- Maintains records on where and which analyzers are placed overseas, provides software updates and guidance as needed.
- Records all issues in all phases of testing that develop and document all quality assurance issues in appropriate databases.
- Contributes to modification and improvements of databases.
- Downloads and reviews data from refrigerators, freezers, and incubators; takes corrective action as needed to assure valid tests results.
Overseas Laboratory Support and Training
- Designs the proficiency testing (PT) program for the overseas health units with and without laboratories.
- Assures the PT program meet CAP standards and covers all testing performed.
- Implements and oversees all steps of the program from sample preparation, distribution and results summation.
- Develops a continuing education plan for distribution based on observed deficiencies.
- Prepares teaching material for the annual continuing education program for the locally engaged laboratorians.
- Prepares competency assessment exams for locally employed staff for yearly evaluations.
- Reviews MED/LAB SharePoint site to remove outdated information and update in a timely manner.
- Extracts information from overseas RMLS site visit reports and posts reports on SharePoint.
- Researches and recommends new test methods for evaluation for overseas health unit laboratories.
- Maintains a training laboratory and trains medical colleagues on testing procedures before going to overseas health units.
- Participates in their own mandatory training program to maintain annual CEU requirements.
- Maintains expertise in testing and various computer applications.
- Minimum one year of relevant experience
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology (or equivalent)
- Certification through the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or a certification through American Medical Technologists (AMT).
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development. We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
- Job Family Goverment Contracts
- Pay Type Salary
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Technologist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage