Mid-Level Financial Analyst
Location: Quantico, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 3613
Mid-Level Financial Analyst
Quantico, VA 22134, USA Req #3613
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Financial management analyst responsibilities include performing managerial accounting roles and responsibilities, audit coordination, and the full range of budget reviews and analysis functions using various accounting and financial systems, both internal and external to the Command. Ensures financial transactions are supported with proper documentation and in accordance with policy and internal control practices.
The principal overarching objectives of this scope of work is provided as follows:
- Assist the with establishing and/or maintaining an auditable
opening balance and subsequent roll-forward reporting in support of full financial statement audit meeting the requirements
of the accounting standards promulgated by the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB).
in the form of recommendations and analysis, with the development of desktop guides and job aides to promote an effective
internal control environment.
- Assist, in the form of recommendations and analysis, in the development of the
artifacts necessary (risk assessments, control matrices, test plans/scripts, business process narratives, and reporting mechanisms)
to support an effective internal control program in accordance with applicable guidance and standards from the Office of Management
and Budget (OMB) and the Government Accountability Office (GAO).
- Assist with integrating organizations to
ensure financial statement compilation and reporting activities are compliant.
- Assist in migrating the manual
business process management to an automated enterprise architecture tool.
Perform root cause analysis and provide management with recommendation to resolve Independent Public Accountant (IPA) issued findings and associated findings with internal discovery efforts.
• Formal accounting qualification
• Exceptional Interpersonal Skills
• Experience with Financial reporting
• Audit Support
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is expected up to 0% of the time for this position.
• At least one year of federal government financial experience, preferably with Department of Defense or Marine Corps exposure
• Twenty-four hours of accounting related courses (desired).
• Bachelor's Degree
• Ability to pass a SSBI
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. #LI-J1
- Job Family Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
Community / Marketing Title: Mid-Level Financial Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Quantico, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage