Travel Operations Specialist
Location: Dunn Loring, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 3751
Travel Operations Specialist
Dunn Loring, VA, USA Req #3751
Monday, June 7, 2021
The Travel Operations Specialist provides a full range of travel support services and passport/visa requirements for the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC). The position is based in Dunn Loring, VA.
- Ensures E2 accounts/profiles are active and available for employees. Ensures approval chains are accurate;
- Provides administrative support for employees, invitational travelers and students in creating travel authorizations and vouchers in the electronic travel system;
- Reviews student and staff travel authorizations prior to submission for funding to ensure claims are in conformance with Federal Travel Regulations and programs;
- Maintains accurate spreadsheets indicating voucher costs for students;
- Assists budget in de-obligating unused travel funds and provides assistance in resolving unliquidated travel obligations;
- Provides guidance on Federal Travel Regulations;
- Reviews vouchers to ensure compliance with Federal Travel Regulations. Research and resolve problems encountered in the voucher process;
- Provides guidance to staff in submitting visa and passport applications;
- Provides guidance to staff in submitting country clearance applications;
- Review suspense file and take appropriate action to correct any discrepancies to ensure timely processing;
- Generates various reports related to travel expenses;
- Provides briefings/presentations related to travel and voucher processing;
- Updates the travel standard operating procedures;
- Backs-up the Lodging Coordinator position;
- Provides on-call emergency travel support outside of regular business hours if needed;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma, Associate's degree preferred, together with three (3) years of customer service and administrative experience;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Strong oral and written communication skills required;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills helpful;
- Previous experience in coordinating/providing travel support services is preferred;
- Ability to work independently.
Must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally owned company.
- Job Family Logistics Support Services (non tech)
- Pay Type Hourly
City: Dunn Loring
Community / Marketing Title: Travel Operations Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dunn Loring, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage