Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 3756
Washington, DC, USA Req #3756
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
The Classification Specialist will provide full classification services to support the modernization initiative in accordance with federal, Department and Office of Personnel Management (OPM) classification standards, including all advisory and technical support. The Classification Specialist will provide classification services in support of individual public diplomacy sections and portfolios.
- Review, rewrite and classify position descriptions for assigned regional portfolio while accurately and consistently interpreting and applying OPM position classification standards
- Use OPM position classification standards to determine proper official position titles, occupational series, and grade levels
- Enforce position classification accuracy, standards and consistency in interpreting and applying position classification standards
- Consult with government subject matter expert and contractor implementation coaches on a variety of technical position description issues and resource needs required for the initiative
- Adhere to and achieve all deadlines and milestones instituted by the Project Manager and lead government representative
- Proactively track, report, and resolve issues, delay, or disputes regarding classification decisions; prepare accurate and clearly written classification summaries and statements; discuss and document findings with all stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication, administrative skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and customer support
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel overseas may be required upon approval of the COR
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience performing federal classification work
- A minimum of two(2) years' experience advising federal hiring managers and stake holders on classification of federal position descriptions
- Ability to determine appropriate grade and series for position descriptions, adhering to all Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and Department requirements
- Ability to provide recommendations to resolve issues, delays, or disagreements on position classifications
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
High School diploma or equivalent required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- High level of proficiency in written and oral communications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail
Candidates must have a DoS MRPT(Public Trust)
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Classification Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage