Project Manager Senior
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 3759
Project Manager Senior
Washington, DC, USA Req #3759
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Project Manager Senior
The Telecommunications Project Managers primary responsibilities include managing the implementation of Large voice and data services. Candidate will be responsible for the complete implementation lifecycle. Candidate will interact directly with customers, other vendors, commercial & GSA property managers, building engineers and internal peers. Candidate must a maintain a high level of professionalism, focus, and patience managing multiple competing priorities in a high-pressure environment. Candidate must have excellent time management and organizational skills managing a high volume of tasks and activities. Candidate must be able to communicate technical information and telecom acronyms in a manner the customer can comprehend. This role comes with difficulties; candidate must be able to effectively manage multiple high demand customers, ranging from individual contributors to C-Level executives. Candidate will be required to concurrently manage multiple projects at multi-locations at any given time. Candidate must be able to drive projects forward, keeping the forward momentum in the face of roadblocks. Our ideal candidate has excelled in a Telecommunications Project Management role for 5+ years.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of project tasks
• Assist project team members, Subject Matter Experts, and Sponsor with the definition of project scope and objectives by involving relevant stakeholders, identifying requirements and ensuring technical feasibility
• Work with impacted areas of the program to secure adequate resources, materials and funding
• Develop detailed project schedule with some assistance from Program Manager and/or Scheduler.
• Perform continued maintenance, updating and tracking of project schedule activities and progress reporting
• Identify and manage dependencies between departments, systems, vendors and assets
• Coordinate Assessment of changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Manage project changes through established Governance Change Control process to ensure appropriate approvals
• Identify and document project issues and risks and monitor progress of mitigation actions.
• Successfully establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external resources and key project stakeholders involved in project tasks and key critical path deliverables
• Monitor delivery timeline and escalate related issues through the appropriate escalation process
• Develop and maintain of required project management artifacts in accordance with standards and applicable regulations
• Identify efficiencies and recommend of process improvements to reduce costs and add value
• Solid project management skills with prior experience managing large complexity projects involving multiple departments
• Strong communication skills with focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
• Experience with managing cross-functional teams and cross-organizational implementations with multiple dependencies
• Ability to consolidate project performance data into various types of communication and reporting vehicles to address both management and project team level audiences
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project),
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
The preponderance of the work is performed in an office-type setting, with adequate lighting, heating/cooling, ventilation, and protection from the elements.
The contractor must be physically able, with reasonable and realistic accommodation where appropriate, and agreeable to conduct on-site investigation of facilities, project sites and building systems in a variety of climates, site locations, and working conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although about 10% out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
Minimum of 5 years of project management experience, or any equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Bachelor's degree
• PMP (Must be willing to obtain within 12 months of date of hire)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Expert knowledge of project management principles and processes, e.g., budget and resource control, cost/benefit analysis, risk management, scheduling, metrics development and utilization, and analysis, in order to provide authoritative guidance in these areas; assess the quality and potential for success of projects; prioritize and integrate various projects; and resolve complex project management issues.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Program Management & Operations (tech)
- Pay Type Salary
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager Senior
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage