Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Requisition Number: 3768
Washington, DC 22202, USA Req #3768
Thursday, June 10, 2021
The Network Engineer is expected to be a network professional with experience in Cisco WLAN technologies. The engineer will work under the direction of the WIFI team to design and support network strategies to meet project needs. They will, coordinate implement, optimize, and maintain the network to include procurement, installation, configuration, documentation, and management. The candidate will provide full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment. Perform on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of network components. Provide technical support to customers and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems. Must be a great team player with positive attitude, has very good Visio documentation skills, possess exceptionally high customer service skills, and commitment to excellent customer support.
- Ensure network connectivity
throughout the WLAN and wireless infrastructure
- Manage the WLAN infrastructure and device configurations
using Cisco Prime and Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)
- Work with team members to deploy Aruba/Cisco Wireless
and other WLAN solutions
- Create technical manuals, operating procedures, and other support documentation
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
site survey and plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Support, manage, and update
the current Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
- May perform network administration duties
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and site-survey
tools such as EKAHAU Site Survey
- Participate in special projects as required
- Experience with building out network, design/documentation
Prioritizes, organizes, and manages time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure the successful completion of responsibilities
- Problem solving abilities and analytical thinking will be required to
work around unforeseen issues
- Excellent communication skills (oral, presentation, and written)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate
and influence across multiple teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- None required for this position
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they
must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel approximately 10-25%
- 5-7 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Wireless certification required, CCNP preferred
- Ability to configure Cisco switches and Firewalls for wireless network provisioning. Domain expertise ranging from RF,
WLAN, Layer 2/3 switching, WLAN controller design, implementation, protocols, and architecture.
of Cisco devices such as Identity Service Engine (ISE), Mobility Services Engine (MSE), and Prime
with building out network, design/documentation
- Routing/Switching on a Large-Scale Network
- Deep understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, and security, including IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN standards
and industry best practices
- Experience implementing high-density Wi-Fi solutions
- Design, deployment, and support of a large WLAN infrastructure
- Experience testing wireless products
including access points, controllers and other WLAN infrastructure and client devices for evaluation
knowledge of security protocols and authentication (Wifi Protected Access [WPA2], Extensible Authentication Protocol-Transport
Layer Security [EAP-TLS], 802.1x, Authentication, Authorization, Accounting [AAA]) and hands-on experience with Remote Authentication
Dial-in User Server/Services (RADIUS) infrastructure (Clear Pass, ISE)
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting
and site-survey tools including Wireshark, Air Magnet, Ekahau Site Survey, Channelyzer , and Eye P.A
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities , and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
State: District Of Columbia
Community / Marketing Title: Network Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage