Desktop Engineer II
Location: Fort Belvoir, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 3771
Desktop Engineer II
Fort Belvoir, VA, USA Req #3771
Friday, June 11, 2021
The United States Army (USA), 7th Signal Command requires a Desktop Engineer II (Mid-level Desktop Engineer) with a minimum of three (3) years' experience working in the areas and performing the types of actions listed in the following "Essential Functions" and "Competencies" discussions. Successful candidates must have SECRET security clearance, must be a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) with experience using the Remedy Ticketing system (ARS). This position is for a Senior Microsoft Windows Active Directory Administrator with migration experience to support a Windows Active Directory migration from 2003/2008 to 2012 (or most recent version) on a federal services contract. The successful candidate will work closely with the Server Operations, application and middleware teams to develop, test and implement our migration strategy from 2003/2008 to 2012 (See "Essential Functions" for more detailed listing) The customer prefers candidates who demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs to support the implementation of STIG settings on file and print services, DNS, Domain Controllers and application servers, and experience/awareness of SCCM methodologies. (See "Competencies" for more detailed listing)
- Possess/demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Supports the completion of all projects/programs as needed
- Candidate routinely required to employ excellent teamwork skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills
- Provide customer support based on familiarity with scripting technologies such as VB and/or Powershell is desired
- Provide customer support based on familiarity with Riverbed SteelFusion hardware is desired
- This position is for a Senior Microsoft Windows Active Directory Administrator with migration experience to support a Windows Active Directory migration from 2003/2008 to 2012 (or most recent version) on a federal services contract
- Work closely with the Server Operations, application and middleware teams to develop, test and implement the migration strategy from 2003/2008 to 2012
- Responsible for producing the SOPs which will be used for the production deployment
- Ability to gather requirements and help architect, plan and implement system solutions for a Windows platform to meet customer requirements
- Off-shift coverage will be required for support of systems and/or scheduled maintenance and system upgrades
- Candidate must have experience in development of implementation guides based on NIST 800-53 moderate and high impact
- Must be a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) with experience using the Remedy Ticketing system (ARS).
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and writing). May interact with the government customer and senior government leadership leaders at the highest levels, prefer those who have experience and skills in this area.
- Experience working with Riverbed SteelFusion, desired
- Experience with Windows migrations and active directory upgrade, desired
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs to support the implementation of STIG settings on file and print services, DNS, Domain Controllers and application servers, desired
- Experience managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Window Server 2012, to include 2012 STIG deployment, desired
- Experience building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments, desired
- Experience working with Enterprise Backup software, desired
- Experience maintaining harden Windows operating systems to STIG compliance, desired
- Experience managing Active Directory architecture and replication in a multi domain environment, desired
- Experience accomplishing Active Directory design, desired
- Experience working with large scale datacenter design and operations, desired
- Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare) required, desired
- Experience utilizing VB/Powershell to automate common functions, desired
- Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments, desired
- Experience/awareness of SCCM methodologies, desired
- Experience working with LAN/WAN and wireless interfaces, desired
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification, desired
- Experience working with web servers, databases, networks, cabling, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required, desired
- Experience deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2016 STIG, desired
- Experience writing shell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus, desired
Limited supervisory actions may be required for this position based on customer need and candidate's training/experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment within the continental US with occasional travel to offices within the National Capital Region and Georgia. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the core hours of 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- A minimum of three (3) years' relevant experience is required for this position (See , Essential Functions" and "Competencies" sections)
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree is preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be MCSE or MCSA certified
- Prefer candidates with an active Help Desk Institute (HDI) Desktop Support Technician (DST) Certification
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws. #LI-J1
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Hourly
City: Fort Belvoir
Community / Marketing Title: Desktop Engineer II
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fort Belvoir, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage