Information Technology Technician
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 4093
Information Technology Technician
Fairfax, VA, USA Req #4093
Monday, October 4, 2021
All Native Group is looking to fill the position of Information Technology Technician. The Information Technology Technician support clients in the use of computer applications and operating systems, install hardware, software, data network, telecommunications devices, and troubleshoot information systems. Coordinates and corrects problems with computers, equipment, and communication hardware and software.
• Installs, maintains, and configures client workstations
• Hardware, software, and network troubleshooting
• Installs, configures, and maintains network servers connected by a local area network.
• Communicates status and issues with end users
• Implements security procedures based on policies and best practice
• Applies technical knowledge of data communications, standards, protocols, and internet - working concepts.
• Maintains software, hardware, and network documentation
• Requests and maintains vendor proposals for networking solutions
• Maintains helpdesk ticketing system
• Monitors and maintains desktop systems, printers, and other peripheral equipment.
• Provides help desk support and technical assistance to system users.
• Gathers and maintains inventory of IT equipment, such as laptops, mobile devices etc., as well as the parts and materials to repair these devices.
• Coordinates with vendors as necessary to resolve issues with IT systems, software, or hardware.
• Documents hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Records computer processes, procedures, hardware, and software information.
• Presents equipment and policy training tis raff and end users.
• Researches and analyzes new technology, techniques, threats, and industry best practices to optimize efficiency and usability and minimize vulnerabilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Critical Thinking.
• Complex Problem Solving.
• Judgement and Decision Making.
• Reading Comprehension.
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
• 3+ years' hands on experience in IT support
• Excellent communication skills, mature interpersonal style, ability to interact with a diverse range of people, and strong teamwork skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
• Solid work ethic with an emphasis on quality workmanship
• Windows operating systems
• Basic understanding of networking
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Degree in an IT related major preferred
• CompTIA A+ Certification or the requirement to obtain within 12 months of employment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
No clearance required
Executive Order 14043 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Pursuant to Executive Order 14043, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19 regardless of work location.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family IT / Cyber Security / Network Systems
- Pay Type Hourly
Community / Marketing Title: Information Technology Technician
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairfax, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage