Requisition Number: 4145
700 Kemper Ave, Blackstone, VA 23824, USA Req #4145
Friday, September 24, 2021
Ho-Chunk Inc. Management Services (HCIMS) is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant performs diverse administrative tasks in support of the Training Resource Management (TRM) Program office. S/he provides administrative support in the day-to-day operations of the office and works under the guidance of Program office staff. The position is based in Blackstone, VA at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC).
• Provides logistical and general support in the performance of diverse administrative tasks;
• Prepares and/or edits charts, spreadsheets, memos and other general office documents and material as required;
• Manages office databases;
• Inputs financial data, results from surveys, critiques and tests; generates performance measurement and other administrative reports;
• Assists with the analysis of data to identify and resolves issues;
• Attends meetings and captures and distributes minutes derived from the meetings;
• Prepares and/or edits standard operating procedures;
• Assists with all aspects of travel to support Program office staff to include coordinating logistics and transportation needs and the generation of government travel orders;
• Drafts routine cables utilizing the Government's cabling system, CableXpress;
• Compiles weekly activities and other routine reports for the Program office;
• Creates and maintains electronic and hard copy centralized Program office files in areas such as the budget, equipment purchase requisitions, end-of-course reports, student critiques, travel, and general correspondence;
• Provides project support and other administrative support as required;
• Performs special assignments upon request;
• Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work.
• Organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple task simultaneously
• Great written and oral communication
• Great attention to detail
None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
• Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours required, as required by business need.
No travel required for this position.
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative experience
• Must possess an intermediate knowledge of and experience with office and administrative functions, practices and procedures;
Possess a high school diploma, Associate's degree preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Must be highly organized with attention to detail;
• Must possess excellent command of the English language;
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interface with personnel at all levels;
• Must have a basic knowledge of and experience with word processing, databases and spreadsheets and be able to operate office equipment (PCs, faxes, phones, copying machines, etc.). Applicants must demonstrate thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications (MS Word, PowerPoint). Excel experience is a must;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET security clearance
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Family Administrative and facilities Services
- Pay Type Hourly
City: 700 Kemper Ave
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant
Location_formattedLocationLong: 700 Kemper Ave, Virginia US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage